Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

how water changes things

we all know a multitude of things water can do, but have you ever given any thought to this, you can place an egg and a potato in the same pot filled with water, boil the water for 35 minutes or so and the same boiling water, makes the potato soft and the egg hard...just a little food for thought...
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the thoughts

Food for thought :~) I was just getting ready to make Lunch. I might just bake a potato if I can get the grill H burner replaced and working again. Also need a the top grate replace. That's the one that hold the meat. And the bottom grate is rusted and falling apart. The lava rocks sit on the bottom grate and held dissipate the heat. I got my EMBERmatic grill for $311.79 back on 06/07/97. Now I'm trying to find replacement parts for it to keep it going. The grill itself is thick metal and will last a long time. But I've been through about 3 different types of "H" burners. And they were suppose to be made out of Stainless Steel. Still the holes rust out and then the seam splits and too much gas goes out of the split in the seams. This makes for extremely hot spots on the grill. Heat needs to be distributed more evenly. I bought a replacement grill H burner from Walmart of Lowes or Home Depot and it was made by "The Grill Care Company. And it was made with stainless steel that went bad after only a few seasons. It's suppose to come with a 5 year warranty but I don't think that it's worth the money. I bought a rubber maid tote yesterday to replace on that cracked and wore out in about a year. I still have the receipt for the one I bought last year. And the sticker on the old one and the new one claims a limited lifetime warranty. BS I say. The seller (Home Depot) only gives you a 90 day return and if the unit breaks after that 90 day it's up to you to figure out how to get warranty service from the manufactures. I've gone though at least 4 or 5 of these Rubber maid 52 gallon Totes and use them to store stuff in the back of my pickup truck all the time. They come in handy before they start to crack from being exposed to the sun and rain in the back of my truck bed. And the lids break more often than the base part. I have to strap my lid down to keep it from blowing off while driving down the road with the tote in the back of the truck.

Now back to that Baked Potato. I may have to just get the little grill out and hook it up with one of those little 16.4 oz propane tanks and cook me some gilled potatoes. LOL

I still have the manual and replacement parts list for this grill. But somehow I doubt that the manufacture sill has those parts in stock for me to buy anymore. A new grill would cost less probably. But where do I dispose of the old grill and how much will that cost me? That's the main problem. I had to buy a new refrigerator last month and one of the things that I used to decide who to buy the refrigerator from was if they could deliver it and that they would haul the old one away for me. I can't do that myself without some help and a good truck and dolly that would carry it off the property. Luckily I found a company that delivers and had the refrigerator that I wanted on sale when I bought it. It's warranted for one year. But if one wants to they can purchase an extended warranty for a price. That's the trend these days. They seller's want to SELL YOU EXTENDED WARRANTIES and make more money off you. In the past the seller would warrant the product and handle the returns. Now the seller don't want to do that anymore. If you don't buy their extended warranty then you have to deal with the manufacturer instead. Better hold onto those receipts and make sure that you register you new product before it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    we all know a multitude of things water can do, but have you ever given any thought to this, you can place an egg and a potato in the same pot filled with water, boil the water for 35 minutes or so and the same boiling water, makes the potato soft and the egg hard...just a little food for thought...