Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yearly trip to Barkley

Just got to Barkley for yearly trip. Starts tough! BFL was going out of little river. And boats everywhere and major were zeroing. I guess who ever braved the winds ran to ky lake? I put in at Donaldson. Tough 4 bited one keeper. Trip started bad and new bird's not working. Had a glass in transucers added before trip and now Di not working and sonars jumps crazy at idle speeds. That stinks. Making for a long week? Seem all shallow fish disappeared. Still searching!

Post Thanks / Like
    Headed to Ky in about 2 hours. Going for redear and gill though. I'm sure I'll cast alittle for the bass. Waters coming up fast. Looks like the weather for the next 3 days is gonna be pretty good. Lots of luck to you. Be safe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptObvious View Post
    Headed to Ky in about 2 hours. Going for redear and gill though. I'm sure I'll cast alittle for the bass. Waters coming up fast. Looks like the weather for the next 3 days is gonna be pretty good. Lots of luck to you. Be safe
    if you don't know the place i'm fixing to tell you about, google map it and find it if you need a place to catch lots of gills, at hillmans ferry campground on land between the lakes, there is a boat ramp where you can lanch your boat in the Ky lake, and as you are leaving the cove from the boat ramp, on your right there is an old rock quarry it's easy to see if the water isn't to high, folks have painted lots of names and drawings all over the wall, if you can find the old quarry it is a good place for blue gill, a friend of mine took me there, we were catching gills to use on a trotline and we caught them on the left side of the quarry going into it, casting crickets under a small bobbers, close to the rock wall, sometimes letting the bobber hit the wall and fall in the water, we really had fun there, if you are already on Ky lake just run over to the hillmans ferry boat ramp and give it a shot, I think you will do good there, good luck..
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Stay safe it looks like they are planning to raise the water to about 364 by the end of the week. Probably will be a lot of debris floating.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post