Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

USA Bassin tournament trail

I just want to give a shout out to the USA Bassin folks for keeping everyone safe. I have a house boat at Kentucky Dam Marina and I pulled into the parking lot Wednesday afternoon and found out they were having their championship tournament Friday and Saturday May 5th and 6th with 250 boats. I have been at the marina several times when they have these big tournament and it is stressful for the boaters with slips in the marina I have seen on several occasions boats and trailers blocking the roads to where it is one lane traffic or blocking access to vehicles and the boat owners who pay high 4 figure slip rental become furious with bass fisherman. Friday May 5th tournament cancelled due to wind advisory Saturday same thing cancelled because of wind very wise move on directors part safety first. Tournament was held on Sunday I left around 11:00 Sunday and was so impressed how everyone was parked with this big tournament I drove down to the tournament tent and congratulated the director for the tournament for safety first and having people parking the vehicles I wish all tournaments were ran this well. I think they could learn something from this operation

WELL DONE USA BASSIN

Post Thanks / Like
    There were far less boats than normal because several went home due to the schedule change. I would guess that what you saw was around a 60% turnout. This helped have more parking and room for people to move around. Next year weather permitting you will see the entire field. From what I am told USA does a good job but when you get 250+ boats in an area it's going to get a lot more crowded than 150 boats.