Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

While packing up to leave KY Lake.......

There should be a moratorium on the Geo doing stupid stuff a week before any trip.........

Yesterday while loading up to come back home from Kentucky Lake, I managed to trip and fall off my boat.

Thanks to my ninja like moves, I didn't faceplant on the pavement. Somehow, I managed to get a single hand up and in the air, grabbed the rail of my boat like a flying Wallinda (the ones that don't die), and changed my momentum from a full faceplant to a one handed dismount. How I ended up doing a half twist, cartwheel in the middle of the air is beyond me.

The folks in the other cabin surely thought they were the circus, because the dismount had to have been awesome.
    The flying dismount , following the 1 legged STICK like an olympic gymnast was followed by the grand finale of rolling down the hill , ending up on my feet, and then looking around to see a gigantic family of hillbillies watching me.......Yea, it was awesome.

The best news, I'm OK. A little bruised, but OK. My reading glasses got crushed, my left arm, was practically ripped of socket, and I"m a little sore, but at least nothing is broken.

Post Thanks / Like
    We all have our special moments while casting hooked my coveralls while stumbling around I kicked over the minnow bucket had to take my overalls off to get the hook out then the line got tangled up in the net I thought I was fishing with Larry curly and moe

Post Thanks / Like

That's why I stopped fishing by myself

I feel in the boat and was OK but it made me think about what might happen if I broke a leg or arm or my neck.

I'm not as young and spry as I was when I was younger. The years go by faster the older you get and my legs are not as steady as they once were. I'm nursing a lost toenail on my foot right now. I Stubbed my big toe and had to have the toenail removed at the ER. I bleed for some time. They had to chemically cauterize the nail bed to get it to stop bleeding. I was on Opiates for a week and am finally recovering. Was cleared by the Doctor just last Thursday to take the bandages off. What did I do? I stubbed the SOB again on a old grill that I was trying to rebuild. Now it's back to the Doctor again. I have cancer and am getting a biopsy again tomorrow for the third time. I'm hoping that the cancer is not aggressive and slow growing and that I die from heart disease before cancer. Then I have to go see another doctor for my back. I hurt my back some years ago lifting my boat up off the trailer in order to fix a broken boat trailer axle. I'm still suffering from that accident from time to time when I stand in one place too long. It's no fun getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    There should be a moratorium on the Geo doing stupid stuff a week before any trip.........

Yesterday while loading up to come back home from Kentucky Lake, I managed to trip and fall off my boat.

Thanks to my ninja like moves, I didn't faceplant on the pavement. Somehow, I managed to get a single hand up and in the air, grabbed the rail of my boat like a flying Wallinda (the ones that don't die), and changed my momentum from a full faceplant to a one handed dismount. How I ended up doing a half twist, cartwheel in the middle of the air is beyond me.

The folks in the other cabin surely thought they were the circus, because the dismount had to have been awesome.
    The flying dismount , following the 1 legged STICK like an olympic gymnast was followed by the grand finale of rolling down the hill , ending up on my feet, and then looking around to see a gigantic family of hillbillies watching me.......Yea, it was awesome.

The best news, I'm OK. A little bruised, but OK. My reading glasses got crushed, my left arm, was practically ripped of socket, and I"m a little sore, but at least nothing is broken.

Post Thanks / Like

That ended my boating

I fell while getting out of my boat, it was already on the trailer, I was down for the count for a few minutes, no one around to help. that was the second time, the knee just gave out on me, the first time wasn't bad, but since I had just turned 78. decided to hang it up.But it's always on my mind.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    I fell while getting out of my boat, it was already on the trailer, I was down for the count for a few minutes, no one around to help. that was the second time, the knee just gave out on me, the first time wasn't bad, but since I had just turned 78. decided to hang it up.But it's always on my mind.
    I will probably be dead at 78. I'm GLAD you were able to follow your passions for that long. Seriously, I don't have much hope for old age, as my family line on my dad's side doesn't have many people over 75 in it.....I might change that, as I don't smoke and only drink in moderation, and I don't live a hard/partying life, so Maybe.....

We shall see.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry I missed the great circus act by GEO

Post Thanks / Like
    Its amazing what can happen out there. Be--lieve me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I slipped and fell Friday while getting ready to come to Ky lake. Landed on left shoulder and hit the left knee pretty good. The knee that I had replaced. The knee I think will be ok, my shoulder is another is another concern. I came on down and fished however I've been eating pain pills, RX and OTC alike to make it thru this trip. Drinking my coffee as I'm preparing to go home now. I believe I might have torn something on the shoulder. To the doctor I go when I get home. I don't/can't go fishing by myself anymore. Can't launch and load by myself anymore.Fishing was pretty good in the Blood river area and out on some main lake points. ***** to get old. Oh well

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post

As a concession to age and arthritis I put an electric winch on the trailer. Probably should put a rope ladder in the boat for the 'man overboard' predicament since the hips are not original equipment and getting back onboard is no longer a given.
    Last edited by Hershey102; 05-17-2017 at 03:08 PM.
    Likes GeoFisher, CaptObvious liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hershey102 View Post
    As a concession to age and arthritis I put an electric winch on the trailer. Probably should put a rope ladder in the boat for the 'man overboard' predicament since the hips are not original equipment and getting back onboard is no longer a given.
    Don't forget in case of emergency you can use the trim tab on your motor(if it has trim) to bring you up high enough to enter the stern of your boat. Lets hope none of us have to Chuck
    Likes GeoFisher, roadrunner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptObvious View Post
    I slipped and fell Friday while getting ready to come to Ky lake. Landed on left shoulder and hit the left knee pretty good. The knee that I had replaced. The knee I think will be ok, my shoulder is another is another concern. I came on down and fished however I've been eating pain pills, RX and OTC alike to make it thru this trip. Drinking my coffee as I'm preparing to go home now. I believe I might have torn something on the shoulder. To the doctor I go when I get home. I don't/can't go fishing by myself anymore. Can't launch and load by myself anymore.Fishing was pretty good in the Blood river area and out on some main lake points. ***** to get old. Oh well
    what condition is your condition in?????