Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

striper night bite

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2759.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	14865i've been busy and last night was my first time this year, trying the top water striper bite. lunched at the dam on cumberland lake, the lake was calm and the water temp was 71, lots of floating logs, the shad wasn't coming up as good as i thought they would be this late in the year, didn't hear any striper breaking water, the striper wasn't doing anything, but the walleye bite was ok, had to stay right up close to the rock wall and make long cast as close to the wall as possible, using the larger size sliver lure...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2751.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	14866  
    Last edited by waterdog101; 05-16-2017 at 02:30 PM.
    Likes GeoFisher, peter, riverrat12, MrPike liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post

Name:	IMG_2759.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	14865i've been busy and last night was my first time this year, trying the top water striper bite. lunched at the dam on cumberland lake, the lake was calm and the water temp was 71, lots of floating logs, the shad wasn't coming up as good as i thought they would be this late in the year, didn't hear any striper breaking water, the striper wasn't doing anything, but the walleye bite was ok, had to stay right up close to the rock wall and make long cast as close to the wall as possible, using the larger size sliver lure...
    Tasty....
    Likes kstonich, peter, fishincreek liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:	IMG_2780.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	14905the shad spawn has been crazy this year, it's like it happen and didn't happen, the water warms up and cools back down and warm again, I love to night striper fish and always look forward to the spring shad spawn to striper and walleye fish, it's a two hour drive for me to lunch at the Cumberland Dam, and in the past two weeks i've made the trip 4 times and the shad and striper must have been on vacation, it is the worst spring for striper fishing on Cumberland that I can remember, and I've fished it for over 30 years, but the walleye bite has been pretty good, I thought last night would be the perfect night, the rain moved out, good dark night, no wind, I lunched right at midnight, water temp was 74 everything looked good, but the shad never did much, could hear a few shad flicker every now and then, around 3:30 the shad came up the best they did all night, and that wasn't very many, heard a few striper bust the shad, but no luck on boating any, left at 4:30 with nothing but walleye again...
    Likes BKGOOCH, MrPike liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    been a tuff season for me also ,started off great but after floods put the water up in the bushes the fishing went downhill.its always something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone been out to try this method lately?? Hitting the dam this weekend. Any info will help.
    Likes BKGOOCH liked this post