Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Rain rain go way!

Will it ever stop raining? It seems that it rains more than it has in the past. A friend said it poured last night up at Patoka Lake and they are getting more rain today according to the radar maps.

It rained down in in Evansville, Last night and early this morning. I slept in and could hear the thunder booming. And it looks like more rain in coming our way from the West.

Post Thanks / Like
    and its a cold rain too.

Post Thanks / Like

Where did the spring weather go?

I remember years ago when we have nice spring weather in the 70's and bright sunny skies too.

Quote Originally Posted by Are you Paul View Post
    and its a cold rain too.

Post Thanks / Like

A year later and it's still raining too much

This rain is getting on my nerves. It rained all night long again and it's going to rain for the next two days again,

Patoka lake was 8 feet above summer pool last week and with all this rain it won't be going down for a while.

I can't get my grass cut as the ground is water logged and the ridning lawn mower will put ruts in the wet ground.

Post Thanks / Like

It's still raining a Lot this month

But today we have some sunshine. They yard is dried out a bit. I'm worried about the farmers getting their cross in due to all the rain we had this spring and early summer. It's June 29th 2019 and I posted about this back in 2017.

Post Thanks / Like

88 counties in IN declared Disaster Areas

Farmers were not able to plant corns and beans and therefore may apply for financial help if the US Dept of Agriculture agrees with the IN Governor and declare these 88 Indiana Counties disaster areas due to all the excessive rain fall we had this spring and in June 2019 as well. It's finally a two weeks into July and the rain is slowing down a bit.

https://44news.wevv.com/vanderburgh-...ation-request/

Post Thanks / Like

Well, It's now October and dry and Heck

OK, we had a lot of rain this past spring and early summer. Now it's fall and we don't have enough rain and every county around where I live has proclaimed a "BURN BAN" because it's too dry due to a lack of rain. Everything is dry and when people cut the dirt (no grass growing these days) the dust clouds rise high in the sky and spread near and far. Too my mom to get her haircut. She doesn't drive anymore so I have to do her shopping for her and take her to the Doctor's office and the pharmacy now days. On the way to hear hair stylus who works out of her home we saw a big cloud of dust in the air as we arrived at the hair stylus's house. The next door neighbor was out trying to cut his yard. They have a three acre yard and it was very dry. He had just had the lawn aerated for over seeding the yard for next year. Not sure why he was cutting the grass as it's not rained much in the last month and everything is so dry around here that the farmers combines are catching on fire. Yes you read that right. A farmer was harvesting his beans with his combine and the dust got combined with some grease or oil leaking out of the combine from somewhere and caught on fire. The combine was a total loss.