Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Fishing Buddy at Lake Cumberland

I am retired and like to fish during the week so I am looking for someone to fish with. I am from Oregon and did a lot of fishing there but L. C. is all new to me. I live in Somerset & have a 16 ft. boat with bait tank & trolling motor and would like to learn about Bass & Striper fishing. Any help would be appreciated!

Kentucky Tracker.....Richard K.

Post Thanks / Like

fishing buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Tracker View Post
    I am retired and like to fish during the week so I am looking for someone to fish with. I am from Oregon and did a lot of fishing there but L. C. is all new to me. I live in Somerset & have a 16 ft. boat with bait tank & trolling motor and would like to learn about Bass & Striper fishing. Any help would be appreciated!

Kentucky Tracker.....Richard K.

I know what ya mean, I'm originally from Texas, moved here in 94 just bought a boat, pontoon when I was in the army a bunch of us in the 70s came to lake cumberland for a long weekend and had a blast, I loved it here and decided when I retired I would move here so I did. Back home fishing was totally different, this lake is big, deep and the fish think differently and the fishermen here won't divulge their secrets at all. So I had to and am still learning it, once in a while I get lucky and try the techniques I used back home and they work which to those around here shouldn't. But guides know this lake and catch fish all the time, it cost but if ya can go with one and watch closely you can get a lot of info from them... I haven't cause I'm a cheap bastid and hard headed..... good luck.. oh, I fish the eastern end of the lake.
    chuck

Post Thanks / Like

L.C. Fishing Buddy

Thanks for the reply Lefty! I am seeing what you mean, after 430 + views you're the first to reply.

I have gone out with some guides for stripers and its a great learning experience. Right now I am just looking for someone to fish with and have some fun catching any type of fish. Meanwhile I'll just continue to try & figure out the Bass fishing, do you know of any Guides for that?

Kentucky Tracker

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be glad to take both of you Striper fishin. The Striper fishin is in the lower end of the lake mid summer. I'm a weekender though. Usually put in at the dam. I have stuff to do at home in Louisville for the next several weeks so might not be back on it until after the 4th. Kentucky tracker has my Phone number.

I usually don't know if I am going for sure until my car hits I-66 south so it might be last minute.
    Likes chadmack282 liked this post