Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Place to fish in or around Grant County, KY

Hello all. I'm brand new to this forum and relatively new to this area of Kentucky. (moved from AL) I'm in need of some help trying find some spots to fish. I have tried a couple spots such as Piddle Park, Lloyds Wildlife (Leary Lake). I feel these spots are completely over pressured and just fished out. I have been searching also for access points to the bigger lakes but it all seems to be residential ridden. I'm starting to believe if you don't have a boat around here you ain't gonna have much luck. Does anyone know of spots that can be fished without a boat and actually consistently catch fish? I should probably just make some friends with someone that has their own private pond. Lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    its not easy to "consistsntly" catch fish in that area even when u have a boat.
    Likes fstyron liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Google Boltz Lake for directions if you need help finding it, they have a nice little floating dock you can fish off of or the dam is right at the landing area and plenty of room to fish. Depends on what you want to fish for but its a beautiful Lake and also
    Corinth Lake there in Williamstown area. Hope this helps, but Farm ponds do shine if you can find some to fish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Look up JB Miller Park in Williamstown. It's a bit more secluded and less pressure. There's a decent hill to go down to get to the water, so be prepared for that. Also, if you didn't know already, Piddle Park and Leary Lake get stocked annually by the state with trout and catfish so if you can get out there after the stockings, you can catch quite a few.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey I work for the Ky Dept. of fish and wildlife and we stock several ponds in parks all around your area. Look on the fish and wildlife website (FW.ky.gov) for the FINS program and it tells all the ponds in the state that we stock. We just put hybrid sunfish in several ponds around you today. We stock catfish and hybrid sunfish that are catchable sizes and some of the sunfish were bigger that your had today. Hope you find a place to fish soon.
    Likes PRO V LE, Wormin, fstyron liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dabassking View Post
    Look up JB Miller Park in Williamstown. It's a bit more secluded and less pressure. There's a decent hill to go down to get to the water, so be prepared for that. Also, if you didn't know already, Piddle Park and Leary Lake get stocked annually by the state with trout and catfish so if you can get out there after the stockings, you can catch quite a few.
    I've actually tried JB Miller before. I was able to catch my first "fish" of the year there. A tiny little bluegill. But hey better than nothing. I'm itching to get back out there after seeing all that structure and lay downs in the water. I wanna actually make it as much around there as i can. But yeah that hill is a beast. Especially being out of shape....LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfisherman View Post
    Google Boltz Lake for directions if you need help finding it, they have a nice little floating dock you can fish off of or the dam is right at the landing area and plenty of room to fish. Depends on what you want to fish for but its a beautiful Lake and also
    Corinth Lake there in Williamstown area. Hope this helps, but Farm ponds do shine if you can find some to fish.
    I haven't had any luck out at Boltz yet. Could be that i had my kids with me, having to fix poles every 5 mins and them being loud, or just me not knowing what i'm doing. LOL. But definitely agree, it's beautiful out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Grant

I live in Williamstown and fish around grant alot. There is Williamstown lake. Boltz lake bullock pen lake. Laury lake. Lake pollywog. Jb miller lake. Corinth lake. I kayak fished but there is bank access to every one of them