Post Thanks / Like

This doesn't sound like much fun

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with you Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    That's just silly.

Post Thanks / Like

New at your favorite fishing store!

I see a verision of this being the next big gadget that all fishermen wish for. Picture this; You are crappie fishing and the bite stops. Drop the drone to see if the fish have moved or are they just lockjawed. Set the GPS points to the next few places and let the drone go scout the area for fish before you leave to try it. Same in Bass fishing. Have a drone with side scan run in front of you, it wont scare fish and you can see if the fish are moving. Have the next few areas already scouted and know right where to cast.

Up next is the fishing spy drone. Have your 10 best spots programmed in the drone. Have it scout to see if anyone is fishing them. You will never burn gas just to find out someone has loaded the boat before you get to it. Have two really hot spots, fish one and have drone to hover all morning so you know if someone has hit your other spot. Better yet get to watch and see what areas they missed and never nerver throw the same bait as the guy before you again!

I see this as the next big thing. My kids-kids will be fishing without going outside!

I have been a offshore guy for a long time, but cant afford a high priced unit. I started fishing shallow again because everyone is out deep. I found that the fish shallow this time of year are not pressured all that much. It Has been a good year for me.
    Crankinstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankinstein View Post
    I see a verision of this being the next big gadget that all fishermen wish for. Picture this; You are crappie fishing and the bite stops. Drop the drone to see if the fish have moved or are they just lockjawed. Set the GPS points to the next few places and let the drone go scout the area for fish before you leave to try it. Same in Bass fishing. Have a drone with side scan run in front of you, it wont scare fish and you can see if the fish are moving. Have the next few areas already scouted and know right where to cast.

Up next is the fishing spy drone. Have your 10 best spots programmed in the drone. Have it scout to see if anyone is fishing them. You will never burn gas just to find out someone has loaded the boat before you get to it. Have two really hot spots, fish one and have drone to hover all morning so you know if someone has hit your other spot. Better yet get to watch and see what areas they missed and never nerver throw the same bait as the guy before you again!

I see this as the next big thing. My kids-kids will be fishing without going outside!

I have been a offshore guy for a long time, but cant afford a high priced unit. I started fishing shallow again because everyone is out deep. I found that the fish shallow this time of year are not pressured all that much. It Has been a good year for me.
    Crankinstein
    This sounds like a good idea and I could easily see the uses in them but I wouldn't buy one just to fish with it. The drone that you would need for fishing would have to be powerful and be able to lift a considerable amount of weight and drones of that caliber cost way to much money. The "cheap" ones are $500 and like peter and everyone else had said, there just isn't much fun in doing so. If I was going to drop that kind of cash on a drone to fish with I would go out and buy me a top of the line bass fishing set up rather than some gimmick that will be fun for five minutes. Plus you have to keep in mind and ask yourself. Are the people doing this REALLY fisherman?

Post Thanks / Like
    Technology is changing our world for the worse. This makes me want to puke....and like stated above, it sounds like no fun.

The fun in fishing is the ride to the lake with your friend, the conversation on the way to the lake, all of the situations that arise in a day on the water are what make it memorable. This is simply a remote controlled gadget that fishes!?! Jeez!!!
    Likes Kentucky_Bass_Kid liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If you ask me anyone can catch fish finding them is the skill sure I understand if the bite is tough I'd rather find them and then try to catch them to me that's what makes you a true fisherman