Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Green River Lake

    Anyone been bass fishing on Green River Lake? A buddy just bought a boat and we're thinking about hitting it on Sunday. Not looking for hotspots, just curious about water temp, thermocline depth, etc. I'm a diehard smallie junkie that recently relocated to KY and this will be my 1st time on Green and I'm hoping to stumble on to a few brown bass. Thanks in advance for any info you'd be willing to share.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .
    Posts
    115
    Post Thanks / Like
    79 deg water temp,great color.did not fishforbass ,lake is in good shape
    Likes DWDave1320 liked this post

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply!! Little warmer than I hoped but I should have figured as much. Thank you again.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    913
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DWDave1320 View Post
    Anyone been bass fishing on Green River Lake? A buddy just bought a boat and we're thinking about hitting it on Sunday. Not looking for hotspots, just curious about water temp, thermocline depth, etc. I'm a diehard smallie junkie that recently relocated to KY and this will be my 1st time on Green and I'm hoping to stumble on to a few brown bass. Thanks in advance for any info you'd be willing to share.
    Since you're looking for smallies I'd recommend you fish in the mid lake area between Butler Creek and Lone Valley ramp.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA.
    Posts
    913
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetwater View Post
    Since you're looking for smallies I'd recommend you fish in the mid lake area between Butler Creek and Lone Valley ramp.
    I agree with Sweetwater. And I would have given you a link to the water temps/O2 levels at Green, which would indicate where the thermocline was setting up, but unfortunately the COE Lake Level website is down ... and has been for several days. Even their Facebook page only gives lake level and outflow rate as of June 4th ... and states that their Lake Info Line is out (which means the phone number 270-465-8824 isn't working).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    806
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will second what was said about the mid lake area and smallmouth. I also wanted to add the webpage that I use for water information has been down for a few days but it is back up and now.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA.
    Posts
    913
    Post Thanks / Like
    Indeed it is, R19 : and here's a link to the water temps at depths & O2 levels at depth : http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/Missio...Green-Profile/

    Looks like the 12-18' depths are where the water temps start to drop, along with the O2 levels. But, remember ... those readings are taken at the dam, so they could be different in other areas of the lake.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been away for a couple of days guys, but thank you so much for the info. That is great. Sounds like as of now, our plans have changed. He has a place on Rough and wants to fish there on Sunday. And beggars can't be choosers, so I'll be chasing greenies instead. But we will get to Green very shortly. Thank you all again for the info.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Junction City Ky
    Posts
    1,037
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    Indeed it is, R19 : and here's a link to the water temps at depths & O2 levels at depth : http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/Missio...Green-Profile/

    Looks like the 12-18' depths are where the water temps start to drop, along with the O2 levels. But, remember ... those readings are taken at the dam, so they could be different in other areas of the lake.
    Had friends go down friday and had there limits on crappie in 25'to30' of water,if this charts is correct those fish must have had 02 tanks to breath.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA.
    Posts
    913
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    Had friends go down friday and had there limits on crappie in 25'to30' of water,if this charts is correct those fish must have had 02 tanks to breath.
    That's why I said : "But, remember ... those readings are taken at the dam, so they could be different in other areas of the lake."

    But, I would have to ask if your friends were fishing that deep, or just in that depth of water ?? Many of the guys I know, that fish Green for Crappie, are also fishing in 25-30fow ... but pushing cranks at 12-15' deep.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Junction City Ky
    Posts
    1,037
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will have to ask him again. I asked how deep were they now and he said all the better fish came 25 to 30 feet deep on jigs.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA.
    Posts
    913
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    I will have to ask him again. I asked how deep were they now and he said all the better fish came 25 to 30 feet deep on jigs.
    Wouldn't surprise me at all, buddy !! I only know of a couple of places with trees/brushpiles that deep, so it's not worth it to me to drive 2hrs just to find out if they're on them or not ... LOL !!

Similar Threads

  1. Green River lake or Rough River water color
    By CrappieKing79 in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2017, 08:45 AM
  2. Green River Lake
    By fatboy55 in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 03:30 AM
  3. Green river lake?
    By cooter 33 in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2013, 01:18 PM
  4. Green River Lake
    By Fishin is life in forum Photos
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 11:29 AM
  5. Green River Lake
    By roberte68 in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2006, 09:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •