Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Louisville district lake reports

Im having trouble getting the page to load. Been that way a few days. Anyone else having trouble fewing the website?

Post Thanks / Like
    It's been down for quite a while, now. This one is the temporary fix : http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/Missio...y-Lake-Report/

Post Thanks / Like

lake level report fixed

I fixed the link to the corps of engineers Louisville district lake level report.

Right column near the top on the Kentucky fishing reports pages.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    I fixed the link to the corps of engineers Louisville district lake level report.

Right column near the top on the Kentucky fishing reports pages.

Fishing reports are on the homepage. I looked all over the homepage and could not find a lake level report. Maybe I am overlooking it so can you be more specific in its location or possibly provide the link.

The link that the OP started this thread about is still down. I check the link everyday. It was down for about 10 days then it worked for 2 days and now its been down for another 10 days or so. The link in question contains the Green River watershed ie:Green,Barren,Rough and Nolin. There is other links that have lake level information for these lakes plus it has other lakes on it but it lacks more detailed information than the link that is not working. The link in question gave all the info the other link does but it also list inflow of water as well as the main gate setting along with the next 24 hour anticipated gate setting.

Here is the link that has only worked 2 days in the last 2-3 weeks...http://lrl-apps.lrl.usace.army.mil/w...rts/grbdlb.txt

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    It's been down for quite a while, now. This one is the temporary fix : http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/Missio...y-Lake-Report/
    Yeah i saw this web page the other day but its showing the last update for june the 16th.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    Fishing reports are on the homepage. I looked all over the homepage and could not find a lake level report. Maybe I am overlooking it so can you be more specific in its location or possibly provide the link.
    It's on the Kentucky fishing Reports page.

You have to go to fishing reports then to Kentucky.
    http://www.fishin.com/forums2/conten...ng-reports-all

over on the right near the top

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckykingfisher View Post
    Yeah i saw this web page the other day but its showing the last update for june the 16th.

Yes, indeed it does !! And it's the same link that Peter has on the site.

Try this link : http://www.lrl-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/lkreport.html (I found it on the Louisville District COE Facebook page)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    Yes, indeed it does !! And it's the same link that Peter has on the site.

Try this link : http://www.lrl-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/lkreport.html (I found it on the Louisville District COE Facebook page)
    Awesome that one works and is up to date. This tropical storms suppose to drop alot a rain on us and was wanting to keep up with the lake levels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    It's on the Kentucky fishing Reports page.

You have to go to fishing reports then to Kentucky.
    http://www.fishin.com/forums2/conten...ng-reports-all

over on the right near the top
    Awesome that one works and is up to date. This tropical storms suppose to drop alot a rain on us and was wanting to keep up with the lake levels

I am aware of that link. I use it as a back to the link that I normally use because it does not give as much detailed information. Thanks for the link anyways.

Post Thanks / Like
    This tropical storms suppose to drop alot a rain on us and was wanting to keep up with the lake levels

This is the exact reason I like the link that is currently down. I gives the inflow of water. If your fishing Green, Barren, Rough or Nolin and have any intentions of going up a creek or fishing the headwaters you can look at the inflow and determine if the feeder system to the main lake is fishable. Over the years I have learned if the inflow is 1500-2000 pending the lake I want to fish the feeder systems will have too much color or current. The link that works only list the outflow. I never fish the tailwaters so the outflow is not much help. I can look at the lake level and look at the outflow and make a guess at the inflow based on the amount it fell/rose but I would like to take the guess work out and know the inflow.

Example if Green was 676.8 with an outflow of 5000 cfs and fell .40 that tells me there is still a decent inflow because if the inflow was smaller it will fall a lot more. If the inflow was small and it was releasing 5000 cfs then that lake will fall about .75-.85 In scenario 1 the feeder systems are not fishable. In scenario 2 its fishable. In both scenarios the discharge is 5000 so this is the reason inflow is as important as outflow for me...hopefully my analogy makes sense.
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    I am aware of that link. I use it as a back to the link that I normally use because it does not give as much detailed information. Thanks for the link anyways.
    The government links are hard to keep up with. They change them every now and them and some days they don't work.

I have a page saved saved to my home screen on my phone that is excellent for the corps Nashville district and the lakes on the cumberland river and most of the time it works. There is no way I can get the url though so I have no idea where to view the info on my commuter. I hope it does not go away.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydro...=nolk2&wfo=lmk

I use this link to check upstream gages on certain lakes. I used my nolin page that i have saved to my phones home screen as an example. I go by the upstream gages inflow to get an idea as to whats going on.