Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Blues are bitting

Went out to Taylorsville to do bass fishing. I only caught 5 small bass but caught a 21# and 27# bluescat on a jig. Both in the back of creek around mid lake. The only reason I went back there was to get away from all the water wreckers.
    Likes riverrat12, Dizzy2786 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean, Joey. Partner and I were there Sat. -- main lake area in front of the marina ... I think my boat is still rocking, even though it's on the trailer and parked outside. LOL !!

Broke my cardinal rule about not fishing there on a weekend, but it had been so long since I had a chance to go fishing that I just HAD to go. Won't be doing that again, for awhile anyway. Caught five 10" Crappie that were so thin I had to clean them "old school" (scaled/gutted) because they were too thin to fillet and get much meat. Also caught one LMB @ 14" and a small channel cat that looked like it had been "beaten up", a few dink Crappie, and several Green Sunfish (because our jigs got too close to the bank). Only the five keeper Crappie were invited "to dinner" ... all the others were put back.
    Likes Dizzy2786 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Question

have you ever did any bank fishing @Taylorsville Lake? If so any suggestions on good spots?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy2786 View Post
    have you ever did any bank fishing @Taylorsville Lake? If so any suggestions on good spots?
    I was in a boat but what caught was in candy branch I believe. Don't know if you can get to off the bank or not.
    Likes Dizzy2786 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy2786 View Post
    If you are asking me .... yes, I have fished off the bank at Taylorsville Lake, but it was a long time ago ... and it was for Crappie.

There are a few access points around the lake, but mostly it's around the ramps ... and the Chowning & Van Buren ramps have very limited accessibility. I do know that people fish the Salt River ... up past the bridge & probably around the bridge, and the quarry around the corner from the Van Buren ramp ... but, I don't know how to get to any of those places. You can also go down the hill beside the dam & fish off the dam and probably along the banks there, as well as go below the dam & fish below the spillway.

Your best bet is to look at Google Maps (Satellite view) and see if any other roads lead down to the lake, other than the ones I just mentioned (dam & ramps).