Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

PURE unadulterated panic

Someone dear to me, some how destroyed their cell phone. Not one like I have, thats only used to call people, this one had all the important information on it.Aps for everything, pictures, phone numbers, banking, GPS settings, it's unbelieveable the amount of info one of these gadgets can store, and then you are in danger of losing it all. Can this info be recovered? I've said many times that the ruin of america was and is the mega phone. Now this person is in a panic attack, it's saturday, is it possible to live till monday being out of touch with all the world as you know it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it can be recovered..........but not always.

If it is an Android phone, and with a major provider, there is a good chance that components are backed up onto the cloud.

If not with a major provider, there still is a chance it is backed up on Google Cloud......

It just depends on how they set up the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

why complicate things

I bought my fiance a lap top, till then she used my computer. Since I really don't have that much to hide or be ashamed of, I don't use a pass word to access it. Yes I do have pass words, something that is very easy for me to remember[not 123], something that has been ingrained into my memory. But her, being the genius she claimed to be, locked her lap top, using a different one than her phone, and ATM. Yep, forgot it.Sometimes we think we are a lot more clever than we really are.When I first read and heard about KISS, I adopted it. I understand that the screen on that device was shattered, even though it was in a protective case.A few years ago, on lake cumberland, as I was waiting to launch my boat, I seen the remains of a nice phone, flattened like a pancake, when I came back in the remains were not where I put them, so guess the owner came back to the tragedy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    Someone dear to me, some how destroyed their cell phone. Not one like I have, thats only used to call people, this one had all the important information on it.Aps for everything, pictures, phone numbers, banking, GPS settings, it's unbelieveable the amount of info one of these gadgets can store, and then you are in danger of losing it all. Can this info be recovered? I've said many times that the ruin of america was and is the mega phone. Now this person is in a panic attack, it's saturday, is it possible to live till monday being out of touch with all the world as you know it?
    I use my iphone for work with emails, texts, viewing drawings along with some research when needed. I purposely have down time with my phone. I don't take it with me everywhere I go, I have learned to set it in my briefcase or center console when driving. I do not spend time on it when with my little one because she is more important than the phone and they grow up soooo fast. Technology is important and helpful if used wisely.
    Likes waterdog101, dragmerc, Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I use my iphone for work too cos it's a handy device to check my messages and emails. During the weekends, I make sure that I don't spend too much time on my phone or computer. Better to walk my dog or cook a meal or whatever.
    Likes DJD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I started with a flip phone

Now I finally have a smartphone. I use it's calendar to help me schedule all my doctors visits and for my emails. Other than that I don't use it much more than I did my flip phone for phone calls. Until I got the smartphone I had a prepaid account and each time I used it the time came off my prepaid account. I think I paid about $10/month and it was only used for emergencies at first. I took it with me when I went out fishing by myself. If I needed help I'd take it out and call for help. Never really used it to call for help. I must have had this flip phone for ten years.

Finally in 2016 I broke down and decided to buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. It was on sale as it was a few years old but still a great phone. Now I use it to text and make phone calls as have an monthly account with unlimited calling and text. I use the calendar and the email (Outlook) app. I send instant messages to my friends and family and even my Doctors. I have email portals with most all my doctors so I can keep in contact with them. I can read the medical reports. I even carry a phone charger in my pant's pocket.
    About 4 months ago I stubbed my big toe and had to go to the ER to get the toenail taken off. I could not go back into the house as my toe was bleeding badly. So I asked the EMT lady if she would go get my phone charger out of my pants pocket which were back in the house. She came back out onto the back deck where I had retreated so as not to bleed any more on the kitchen floor. She said should could not find the charger. The 5.11 tactical pants that I had the phone charger in have many pockets and I guess she was afraid to go though all the pockets. When I got home later that nigh via a taxi ride home I found the charger right were I said it was. So when I went to the ER without my phone charger I knew that I had to conserve battery power or I'd be left without a cell phone. Luckily my cell phone has a way to turn off all but the essential apps to save battery power. I could have gone for 5 more days on the low power setting. So I was able to make calls during the 4 hours I waited to see the ER doctor. He had much more important emergencies to attend to other than numbing up my big toe and taking the nail off with his pliers. He had to cauterize the nail bed with chemicals to stop the bleeding 5 hours after I stubbed the toe at the back door of my kitchen. There were three big pools of bright red blood on the kitchen floor that the nice EMT lady cleaned up for me with some paper towels or something. As when I go back home the floor was clean and the blood was gone.

But though all this and all the pain I was still wishing that I had my phone charger with me in the ER.

Normally if I'm out eating or waiting in the lobby of my doctor's office I can read the news on my smartphone. I need my reading glasses to do that but I carry them with me all the time just as I do my smart phone. I don't know how I did without it.

Several things go with me when I leave the house. My gun, my smartphone, my charger and my eyeglasses along with the regular things that everyone takes with them like your wallet and keys and change.

When I was in High School we didn't have cell phones. We used the pay phone to call for a ride home. And we wore penny loafers where I stuck a quarter or a nickel in them to make the pay phone call home for a ride after tennis practice or track practice. We moved up to CB radios later in life. Then while working one day a coworker gave us the BRICK to make calls. Yea I use the first portable phone made commercially for retail sale. The Motorola Cell Phone that was the size of a brick. From there they changed the size and shape of cell phones. Now we have two camera, sound recording and well as video play back. Now we have commercials to watch on our YouTube Videos.