Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    I submitted my personal opinion.I am entitled to that yet.
    Lighten up Francis it was a joke. (and this was a joke (see smiley face) as well, ever see the movie Stripes?)

Of course you are entitled. If you want to derail your own thread by all means you have the right to do so.

These endless circles remind me of just one of the reasons I don't too often post on the off topic threads. Very little real discussion ever takes place.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just responding to the OP

Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    That's true but the part of the quote that I highlighted, and the point he made at the time was what I felt was interesting and relevant to the discussion.
    I posted my response under your response but I meant it to be a general response to the entire thread not just your post. Sorry if I was confused or co

confused anyone. I didn't mean to do that.

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading and studying about the civil war and American's history during the civil war and WWII. That's all.

I'm sure that Robert E. Lee had seen enough of the war for a lifetime and for sure didn't want to revisit it again during his life time. And your quote was right on the money.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm serious

I'm branded a leftest, and a liberal, so be it. BUT I am interested in hearing what the right or conservative views are. I'll bet in many cases they coincide.What makes me different from you? I was in the service, I worked quite a bit of my life,I voted in most elections and even donated to a candidate. So where do we differ? I paid federal,state and local taxes as many of you did and do. I supported public education even after all my siblings left primary and secondary education, was I different?I wear a seat belt, not because it's required, but because I belief they work. I don't begrudge a persons religion, as long as he doesn't tell me wrong I am.I believe in the right to free speech, and the right not to listen to what I don't want to hear. I'm sceptical of ALL political promises. I believe in term limits for all elected officails.I condem trial by media. I believe I have the right to associate with folks of my own persuasion. I know there is discrimation, and in some respects practise it when I choose who to employ. I believe we need a free press, and a justice system that works for the best for all involved in it. I have two arms the same with legs, I believe I'm just as normal as the next person, but I'm a liberal, so whats the difference? OH. I'm not ashamed to state that either.

Post Thanks / Like
    It was said leftests see only what they want to see. Well I read all the posts on this thread, and again, there are two valid points, if I can see them, am i a leftest or or a right winger? Or maybe open minded.Does the phrase " I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say them" Must have been some liberal wacko.
    ARE you a leftist? I didn't call you one?

A quote was posted, and the pertinent component of the quote was hilighted, and then someone else went off on a tangent, completely ignoring the pertinent component of the quote......

And then you melt down......so either you're self identifying as something, or your pissed at something else...

You were not called a leftist and no one implied you're a leftist.......and for the record, I don't believe you're a leftist. Way to moderate for that. But I do believe there are true LEFTISTS on this board.

Post Thanks / Like

But

I still believe that left or right, almost all the guys on this board are the same thing, american citizens. Once united, ans still in a sense wants what best for the whole country.This country is what it is because of the two party system.But a third strong party would not hurt us. I'm still waiting to hear what the difference is between the conservative and liberal views, and no one steps up. The firther apart our congress becomes the more anger there is amoung the american populus. Believe it or not, I'd rather see the "donald" finish out his only term, rather than go through the the comedy that ensued after nixon left.Pence and Ryan would never work to unite the country. but I guess maybe there was a little too much pain killer in my oatmeal a couple of days ago.

Post Thanks / Like

A little bit left and little bit right. All over the road!

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Leftists pick and choose what they want to here......EVEN when you point it out.
    I tend to ignore stuff that Fox's puts on TV. Actually I just hardly ever watch Fox. One look at Sean Hannity is enough of a buzz kill.

I read what he said but picked what I wanted to talk about just like he did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Leftists pick and choose what they want to here......EVEN when you point it out.
    Hey Geo: who appointed you commander and chief of the Internet? He pointed out what he thought was most relevant and then I did the same thing. The fact that we both got something different out of the message is something you tend to over look. I don't have to concentrate on what you or anyone else thinks is the most important thing in a discussion. I can make up my own mind. And if I differ from what you think is right that's a GOOD think. Because you are almost never right. (left)

Post Thanks / Like

Just as I believe there are true Right wingers on this board

ARE you a leftist? I didn't call you one?

A quote was posted, and the pertinent component of the quote was hilighted, and then someone else went off on a tangent, completely ignoring the pertinent component of the quote......

And then you melt down......so either you're self identifying as something, or your pissed at something else...

You were not called a leftist and no one implied you're a leftist.......and for the record, I don't believe you're a leftist. Way to moderate for that. But I do believe there are true LEFTISTS on this board.
    Read what I already posted Geo.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

ATTENTION:

Please DO NOT – I repeat – DO NOT use the $1 – $2 – $50 or the $100 bills.

They have pictures of former slave owners on them! Send them all to me and I will dispose of them properly!

DO NOT just throw them away.

They need to be disposed of properly and I am certified to do so.

Send a Private Message to me if you need my mailing address.

We must get these out of circulation immediately.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Now we can lighten up
    Likes GeoFisher, waterdog101 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm branded a leftest, and a liberal, so be it. BUT I am interested in hearing what the right or conservative views are. I'll bet in many cases they coincide.What makes me different from you? I was in the service, I worked quite a bit of my life,I voted in most elections and even donated to a candidate. So where do we differ? I paid federal,state and local taxes as many of you did and do. I supported public education even after all my siblings left primary and secondary education, was I different?I wear a seat belt, not because it's required, but because I belief they work. I don't begrudge a persons religion, as long as he doesn't tell me wrong I am.I believe in the right to free speech, and the right not to listen to what I don't want to hear. I'm sceptical of ALL political promises. I believe in term limits for all elected officails.I condem trial by media. I believe I have the right to associate with folks of my own persuasion. I know there is discrimation, and in some respects practise it when I choose who to employ. I believe we need a free press, and a justice system that works for the best for all involved in it. I have two arms the same with legs, I believe I'm just as normal as the next person, but I'm a liberal, so whats the difference? OH. I'm not ashamed to state that either.
    It sounds like we could be brothers from different mothers, if I had written this, i don't think I would have changed anymore that 2 or 3 words, if that many. Well stated my friend, ( my brother )...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have said it many times on here that I use my own circle of friends when it comes to actual decisions on where we are as a country. Yes the media drives the conversation but I do not take their rhetoric hook line and sinker.

I have friends who are in unions, tradesman, business owners, unemployed, white collar, liberals, conservatives, Christian, Muslim, ignorant, rich, poor, smart, black, white, Asian and young families just starting out with kids. What I see in all of them is they are Americans. We will never be equal and I don't think we should be. You put the work in and reap what you sow. I honestly don't care what political persuasion a person is or what race they are because when I look that person in the eye to shake their hand we are two people with our own story and I give my total respect, it's up to them if that respect is mutual. Do I judge races in general? Yes without a doubt! That's based on experience and not media, social media or someone telling me what I should think.

I have also found that in business a few hobbies form a bond that others don't have and that's fishing, golfing an motorcycles. I'm a fan of all three and when I am enjoying those things with friends or business aquiantances nothing else matters. I guess all I'm saying is yes many of us have different opinions about politics and we all have our own crosses to bear.

I think there are big differences in left and right thinking and the situation our country is in proves that. Does every liberal have the exact mentality? Nope nor does every Conservative but I'm cool with that. I'm not cool with what I see from the left after they lost the potus election. I think it's tearing this country apart at the seams and embarrassing to their party.

So are we that different? No I don't think so and man what a boring, constrictive place it would be if we were all the same.
    Likes GeoFisher, Bill M of NJ liked this post