Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had read many years ago that the Russians were camped 16 miles from Auchwitz for several weeks before the camp was liberated. The author made the argument that Stalin knew what was going on but figured the more political opponents were disposed of the easier it would be to claim Poland after the war.

Post Thanks / Like

third generation

I'm a third generation american of polish immigrants.Many of you guys can go to ancestry .com, and trace your lineage back hundreds of years, we cant. Those who the germans didn't kill, the russians did. I'm an american first, always will be. Our family fought in WW2, korea,and nam. I'm not aware of any that serve or have served in the middle east. Most of them were at an age where they chose education over military service.

Post Thanks / Like

After WWII the cold war started. It's still going on today

Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    I'm a third generation american of polish immigrants.Many of you guys can go to ancestry .com, and trace your lineage back hundreds of years, we cant. Those who the germans didn't kill, the russians did. I'm an american first, always will be. Our family fought in WW2, korea,and nam. I'm not aware of any that serve or have served in the middle east. Most of them were at an age where they chose education over military service.
    No one that I know likes Putin or the Russian's after WWII or now. Russia's invasion of Crimea was the straw that broke the camels back. They invaded Afghanistan as well. They were active in the Vietnam war against the USA. Some of the Mig pilots during the Vietnam war were flown by Russian Pilots. Right now the Russians are supplying the Taliban with Russian arms. Just to make it clear that I don't like Putin and the Russians and 100% support the USA. But what I said earlier is that we fought on the Allied Side during WWII and do Stalin and the Russians. No one liked Hitler and what he did to Germany.

Post Thanks / Like

Whts good for capitalism, isn't always good for us

20 years later, and the lights finally came on. that old adage about eggs in a basket is starting to sink in. WHY did big oil move so much of the refining capacity to the gulf? To save money of course. And of course they recieved aid from the states involved, like infastructure, zoning, enviremental laws and so on. But now, maybe they think they might have miscalculated.Even Rick Perry thinks we should maybe, just maybe, consider building in other states.DUH, They closed four refinerys in northern indiana, moved them to port arthur, and watched two shut downs for weather, before harvey. And there are just wispers, and maybe just a few rumors, that maybe the new refinerys shouldn't even be in the united states. Maybe if corporate america was interested in "making america great again" they sure have strange ways of doing it.