Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you call Hardesty ridge in SPENCER CO. the city?. then apparently you live in the city

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerZ520 View Post
    Not really since they took the weight savings from the aluminum and added it towards bigger/beefier brakes, axles, frame, etc.
    they needed to upgrade suspension. front end fell out of the last ford i had. aluminum corrodes. you better keep it out of salt water. look at a 5 year old ford and gm. see which looks best then. dodge, nissan, and toyota are too ugly to look at. nice looking ford, good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    they needed to upgrade suspension. front end fell out of the last ford i had. aluminum corrodes. you better keep it out of salt water. look at a 5 year old ford and gm. see which looks best then. dodge, nissan, and toyota are too ugly to look at. nice looking ford, good luck.
    My 2006 F150 looks better than most other trucks on the road.

nearly 200k miles on it, and I will be driving in another 10 years.........

I've had zero issues with my aluminum front end components.

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking truck

I'm a huge Blue oval owner I had 4 all got 200,000 plus miles.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Very Nice!

Beautiful trucks and built right. I need one !!

Quote Originally Posted by RangerZ520 View Post
    Finally got everything done to it. ARE topper, 5% tint w/windshield, WeatherTech floor mats, LineX spray in bedliner.

2017 F250 Platinum. Crazy how many upgrades it has compared to the 2013 F250 I had. Quiet and smooth!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr&MrsBass View Post
    I'm a huge Blue oval owner I had 4 all got 200,000 plus miles.
    Yep.........

* My first Truck was a Ranger.........220k

* My second Truck was a F150 4.2l I put 250k on that. I lost an oil pump at Dale Hollow while on a ramp there. I drove it for 14 miles like that, pulled over to white steam .......let it cool off, found water and oil combined.....I added a couple quarts and drove that sum bitch home . Put a new crate engine in it.......drove another year, and got 5k out of it. I still see it on the road in my neighborhood. That was 10 years ago.

* Current 2006 F150 is going strong.

Post Thanks / Like
    i learned to drive in a 65 f100 while in high school. king pins wore out less than 50k miles. it would move 2 feet right or left instantly. sure was hairy to drive. cold natured. if it rained or snowed, you had to dry out the distributor cap.
    bought a new 1985 f150. paint fell off in 6 months. ford repainted free. drove it about 4 years. paint started bubbling from rust underneath. started using oil and then timing chain broke at about 85k miles. rebuilt engine. drove another year and you could see through the bed sides. this was during their "quality is job 1" campaign. lol. a guy pulled out in front of me and totaled it...good riddance.
    bought a 93 f250 thinking a bigger truck would be tougher...wrong. had to completely replace all front end components at 60k miles. it got 9 miles per gallon. dash cracked, paint faded on sides and came off of hood and top. tranny went out at 90k. catalytic converter stopped up. spark plug wires fell apart. sold tha junk for a $1000.
    started looking for another truck but the overhead cam engines, cam drive chain tensioner problems, and special tools required to change spark plugs scared me off another ford.
    finally tried a 2000 chevy. it has 250k on it now and doesn't use oil and the paint is still on it. has some rust spots from rock dings. i did have to replace the rusty brake lines. and it will run circles around any of the fords i've ever had. bought a 08 gmc. not a single issue and rides like a cadillac.
    but i recently did purchase my last ford. it's a 65 f100 i'm going to restore for my class reunion. but it will have a chevy LS engine, drive train and paint.
    now do you think i should consider another ford with my experience?
    good luck with your fords boys.
    Likes bassinking liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Still driving my 99 f450 that I bought in 99. Tows 15000 daily,cab corners gone and the 7.3 laid down at 200000 from antifreeze cavation. Put a 850 hp Cummins in it,stand back boys something going somewhere

Post Thanks / Like
    i forgot one...83 full size bronco...same result...paint fell off, blown engine. the kids and i loved riding in the snow in this thing. i rebuilt a 351w for it, ran great, plenty of power, gas hog. brake caliper locked up one night at 3am as i was coming home from fishing. no where to stop or get help...wheel got so hot, it melted the hubcap. it's down below the old tobacco patch now covered up with honey suckle and wild rose. i keep it as reminder in case i get to thinking about another ford.
    Likes bassinking liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BassMasterboats.com View Post
    Beautiful trucks and built right. I need one !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sharp! Sharp! Sharp!

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are ridiculous. A guy gets on here and simply shares a truck that he's obviously worked his ass off for and you all put it down and share your opinions which no one asked for. Grow up guys.
    Likes 18RangerZ520L, GeoFisher liked this post