Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eclipse

Post Thanks / Like

huh

Here in georgia we had about 95+ coverage of the sun, bird activity wasn't that notable, shadows seemed a little more vivid, but it didn't last long enough for me to notice cricket activity, maybe It would have been different if I'd have taken the glasses off[joke].I was a few feet from the hummer feeder, and about 12 ft from the bird feeder. As far as the light was concerned, I anticapated a bit more more dimming, .I know if I had driven any distance for the same results, I'd have been underwhelmed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    Curious - the ones you caught between 1:05 and 2:30 - was that the size order you caught them in?
    Yeah, except the 19.75" came in between the 18"ers.

Post Thanks / Like

Central Stop lighting!

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I took this interesting picture:

Attachment 15407
    Have any of you guys heard of "Central Stop Dispersion"? It's what I used in the Laboratory when I was counting asbestos fibers under the light microscope at 400X power. Look up NIOSH 7400 and you can learn more about this procedure.

It's basically putting a dark circle into the middle of the light path so that only the light rays that come around the edge of the black disk can be seen. You get a special effect on the specimens on the glass slide in the microscope's view.

The light allows you to see smaller particles that normal light would.

It's part of the dark field photography.
    So now anyone who saw the full moon passing in front of the sun saw what I saw under my microscope for years.

Interesting effects on the sidewalk in that picture. I noticed that the light outside my house was similar in character. The shadows were still present but more eerie looking to my eyes.

Today while watching the birds they acted normal again. They landed and immediately went to the sunflower seeds to feed. During the solar eclipse they hesitated after landing and started looking around all over the place before going to feed. That was unusual for them.
    Likes jcb liked this post