Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eclipse

Post Thanks / Like

Eclipse

Did the eclipse make the bass feed heavy or did it turn them off or no change
    Any reports?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moorebass View Post
    Any reports?
    2 28lb bags during best of time.........it was CRAZY...........

I caught a 5 and 6lber on the same case. a 6 on the back and and a 5 on the bottom hook........and a couple 8 lb smallies were swimming with them, trying to get the bait..........

UNREAL.....

While fighting those awesome 5 and 6lb bass, I dropped a swimbait at the smallies, and WHAM. 8 lber.

Yea, it was...............UNREAL.

You know........I "might" be a fisherman......

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moorebass View Post
    Any reports?
    Friend took a guide trip out for stripers and they got 4 fish during the heaviest part of the eclipse.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished Taylorsville. The eclipse was underwhelming as far as reduced light there. Still light and shadows there. Thankfully the temp did drop a few degrees as it was a roaster.

I actually caught a 3.5 lber at 2:36pm and 5 bass and a drum between 2:35 and 3:10 pm. Did change lures and bank right before 2:35pm though.

Post Thanks / Like

It had the birds wondering what was up

I didn't fish today but I did watch the birds at the birdfeeder looking all around and for a long time. This one Titmouse bird just sat on the top rail of my deck and looked all around for a couple of minutes. They have never done that before. Normally they head straight to the sunflower seed box and pick up one see and fly off to the nearest tree and sit up in the tree cracking open the seed to eat. Then they repeat the process. Some time I'll have several Titmice Birds arrive at the same time. They hardly ever hesitate and look around like the one did to day. I was also looking around at the dim lighting effects. There were still shadows under the trees but the light was considerable warmer and less intense. It was eerie like in a sci-fi movie. The day the earth stood still was one movie that it reminded me of.

The humming birds didn't seem to mind the reduced lighting effects from the partial solar eclipse in Evansville, IN

The security lights on the East Side of the Garage did come on due to the reduced sunlight. But that part of the house is shaded by a big tree. I didn't look at the security light on the South Side of the House which is in full sunlight normally. It's a big 500 watt light that can be seen even in the day time if it's on. I didn't see it come on. It really didn't look that dark outside. But it did look different.

Some say that the fish go deep or hide in the weeds or on the shaded side of stumps due to the sunlight. So I would think that if the eclipse lasted longer than a few minutes It might have a greater effect on the fish. They would be shallower IMHO. But just a few minutes is not really enough time to get them to come up. The would come up and have to dive back down when the sun came out from behind the moon.

I did wonder what the alignment of the sun and moon together did to the gravitation pull of them on the earth. Anyone notice what the ocean tides did today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    2 28lb bags during best of time.........it was CRAZY...........

I caught a 5 and 6lber on the same case. a 6 on the back and and a 5 on the bottom hook........and a couple 8 lb smallies were swimming with them, trying to get the bait..........

UNREAL.....

While fighting those awesome 5 and 6lb bass, I dropped a swimbait at the smallies, and WHAM. 8 lber.

Yea, it was...............UNREAL.

You know........I "might" be a fisherman......

Later,

Geo
    I really, really wanted to be out there, but I had just way too much crap pile up at work, and ended up having to research problems from the weekend, so I get to go Wednesday instead .

I was wondering how it would effect fishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    I didn't fish today but I did watch the birds at the birdfeeder looking all around and for a long time. This one Titmouse bird just sat on the top rail of my deck and looked all around for a couple of minutes. They have never done that before. Normally they head straight to the sunflower seed box and pick up one see and fly off to the nearest tree and sit up in the tree cracking open the seed to eat. Then they repeat the process. Some time I'll have several Titmice Birds arrive at the same time. They hardly ever hesitate and look around like the one did to day. I was also looking around at the dim lighting effects. There were still shadows under the trees but the light was considerable warmer and less intense. It was eerie like in a sci-fi movie. The day the earth stood still was one movie that it reminded me of.

The humming birds didn't seem to mind the reduced lighting effects from the partial solar eclipse in Evansville, IN

The security lights on the East Side of the Garage did come on due to the reduced sunlight. But that part of the house is shaded by a big tree. I didn't look at the security light on the South Side of the House which is in full sunlight normally. It's a big 500 watt light that can be seen even in the day time if it's on. I didn't see it come on. It really didn't look that dark outside. But it did look different.

Some say that the fish go deep or hide in the weeds or on the shaded side of stumps due to the sunlight. So I would think that if the eclipse lasted longer than a few minutes It might have a greater effect on the fish. They would be shallower IMHO. But just a few minutes is not really enough time to get them to come up. The would come up and have to dive back down when the sun came out from behind the moon.

I did wonder what the alignment of the sun and moon together did to the gravitation pull of them on the earth. Anyone notice what the ocean tides did today?
    I took this interesting picture:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20934737_10204032418086288_8053146556552957693_o.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	15407
    Likes jcb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I took this interesting picture:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20934737_10204032418086288_8053146556552957693_o.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	15407

Exactly what I saw here in Lexington, on the sidewalk under the trees .

Got a little darker & cooler, and no bird activity/sounds during that time. Without the glasses to actually look at the sun with, it was a bit underwhelming ... almost like the sun was being blocked out by a dark cloud, except for a little of it shining past the edge of the cloud. But, still pretty cool to experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was on Cedar Creek for the eclipse. Had 2 small dinks by 1:00....Between 1:05 and 2:30 I caught a 15.50", 17", 18", 18", 18.50" and a 19.75".....then after the sun came back full strength didn't get another bite and left at 5:30. Best 5 was around 17lbs all right in the heart of the eclipse.
    Likes GreenGhostMan, Wormin, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post

could this have been from both the sun and moon being aligned and pulling together, to cause so much force....

http://www.eonline.com/resize/450/35...nald-Trump.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...21131acaff.jpg
    Likes jcb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't fishin but I was in my boat in front of the obey river boat ramp where it was a total eclipse for a short time.
    As soon as it got dark-dark the crickets started crhirpin and the birds were still singing at the same time. The river that was totally clear of fog started to get pretty foggy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    I was on Cedar Creek for the eclipse. Had 2 small dinks by 1:00....Between 1:05 and 2:30 I caught a 15.50", 17", 18", 18", 18.50" and a 19.75".....then after the sun came back full strength didn't get another bite and left at 5:30. Best 5 was around 17lbs all right in the heart of the eclipse.
    Curious - the ones you caught between 1:05 and 2:30 - was that the size order you caught them in?