Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Cumberland boating accident

Anyone here what caused the boat accident Monday evening? I know there was one person killed. As we were idling out of the Jamestown dock we met the coast guard coming in with the body. Very sad. Everyone remember their family.
    Likes awfol liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRS View Post
    Anyone here what caused the boat accident Monday evening? I know there was one person killed. As we were idling out of the Jamestown dock we met the coast guard coming in with the body. Very sad. Everyone remember their family.
    News reports say alcohol was a factor. :-(

Post Thanks / Like
    Alcohol was involved but a definite cause has yet to be determined.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvtohunt View Post
    Good clarification thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvtohunt View Post

WKYT report stated alcohol & high speed were considered to be the most probable cause for the wreck. The alcohol factor was considered because open/opened containers were found aboard (and cooler with unopened containers) ... and the speed factor was considered due to the excessive damage done to the boat when it hit the bank ... though they were a bit surprised that the man had not been ejected from the boat during the crash. The initial cause of death was reportedly "blunt force trauma".

We won't know if the alcohol theory is plausible until the toxicology report is done. And there's always a possibility of medical/health problems being a contributing factor, but won't know about that angle until the autopsy is done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sad to here about all the alcohol being in the boat but still he might have had health problems. But with all the alcohol that was reported to be in the boat just go to show we need more police on the lake. Could have saved this fellows life. Other reason I say we could use more law on the water is that my cousin and I were fishing up in Otter the other night and it was probably around midnight and we heard this boat/pontoon coming up the lake. Not has much the motor that got our attention but the hollering and yelling that was going on which lead me to think that might have had to much to drink. I knew they would be coming close by us when they came by so I told him to kill the lights and black lights and we kept still till they passed. Last thing I want to do is get in a confirmation with people on another boat that might be drinking, you just never know what they might try.