Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

barkley/ky lake in eairly oct

anyone have any ideals on what to fish with have a classic on the 5,6,7 of oct and where to fish at this time of year

Post Thanks / Like

lowrance gps gen 2 fish finders

need help using my gen 2 fish finder know a little about this unit just wanting to find out how to find shell beds on ky lake I hope there someone out there that will help me

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think they would be heading to the backs of the creeks that time of year.

I may be mistaken but shellbeds are usually associated with ledge fishing, which is a summer pattern. I wouldn't think there would be many fish on the ledges then, but again, I may be mistaken. I'm just getting back into fishing after 15 years so I'm no authority on this....or anything else for that matter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a link to 12 years worth of KY/Barkley fishing reports. Scroll through and find the October reports for every year and then compare the years to each other to put together a game plan.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=150793
    Likes GeoFisher, waterdog101, GreenGhostMan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there too

Last year the big bags were coming out of the Tn section of Ky Lake. We stayed in Barkley day one and caught our fish on shakey heads and dead sticking small swimbaits in the mouths of creeks. We did have any good fish so we went to Ky on day two and couldn't find a consistent pattern. It was so hot last year that they weren't moved back in the creeks yet, but with the weather, I hope they do this year.
    Good luck,
    RJP
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

bass tournament

Quote Originally Posted by RADRJP View Post
    Last year the big bags were coming out of the Tn section of Ky Lake. We stayed in Barkley day one and caught our fish on shakey heads and dead sticking small swimbaits in the mouths of creeks. We did have any good fish so we went to Ky on day two and couldn't find a consistent pattern. It was so hot last year that they weren't moved back in the creeks yet, but with the weather, I hope they do this year.
    Good luck,
    RJP
    thanks I had boat problem last year blown motor but got a new ranger this year so hoping I will get to fish more places then last year we caught fish just not enough to fish the third day had to stay close to where we took off

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billy52 View Post
    anyone have any ideals on what to fish with have a classic on the 5,6,7 of oct and where to fish at this time of year
    Mud flats next to deeper water on south Barkley. Top water baits.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Trip

How about we get a .com Barkley get together on in Oct? I have never fished it and am planning to this fall. We could meet and share plans, tips, data, etc. Sounds good to anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

bass tournament barkley

I will be fishing it the first week of oct all week hoping I make it for the final day on sat

Post Thanks / Like
    October, November, December fishing......

I'm usually down there 7-8 times during the fall. This year, I was sure it was going to be a bust, and I was SURE I was not making any trips.......but the magic cards fell right, and my oncall was finally figured out, and I traded a few days for a few better days.

Long story short.....I get to go to KY lake and Barkley Lake a few times this year.......wohoo......

I'm headed down

1 time in Sept ( in 2 weeks)....
    2 times in Oct ( not sure when, but mid month prob for 2 back to back weekends).
    2 times in Nov. Hopefully first weekend in november, and thanksgiving weeked
    1 time in December....First weekend probably.

I don't know about the two late trips.....I've been there in Late November and had good and bad days. It will depend.

Later,

Geo
    Likes TrackerMike liked this post