Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Fishing Cumberland River below Wolf Creek Dam Burkesville ar

New to this form does anyone have any information on trout fishing around Burkesville spinner reels

Post Thanks / Like
    From a boat.... I started out using rooster tails but found cranks get a better bite. From what I have used, nothing outfishes a # 5 Berkeley Flicker Shad in blue tiger color, this color always seems to do better than all the rest. It seems like many people float a night crawler or bottom fish one from the bank. We don't have a problem catching a limit on artificials.
    Likes peter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We do really well on Rapala Shad Raps SR05. Crawdad or Shad color. Caught 2 slot rainbows on Sunday (17" and 18"), and 2 good fish yesterday (18" rainbow and 16" brown). Had a 24ish" on and couldn't get him in the boat. The bigger fish are starting to turn on. I am down fishing the rest of this week and next, hopefully Harvey doesn't screw me too bad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0508.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	15452   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0509.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	15453   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0507.jpg 
Views:	414 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	15454   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0506.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	15455  

Likes peter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Monster

Do you kill all your trout?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gforcetrivers View Post
    Their may have been a better way to phrase that. We also have PM messages available.

I do want to thank you for all of your informative posts! I haven't fished the river but a couple times since the lake was drawn down and enjoy reading your posts. It is a difficult place to learn how to catch fish, at least for me.

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gforcetrivers View Post
    It is a put an take fishery............
    He purchased a license.

That trout looks legal........

NONE or your business if he kills it or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa there big Geo

Actually NONE , not one, of those fish are legal. And though it is a "put and take" fishery those trout are fragile as a newborn kitten. I think (hope) what gforce was questioning is the extensive time out of the water to measure and take pics, a lot of "hands on" going on there. So i suppose there might be some ethical obligation to maybe unhook the fish in the water and save the photo ops for "keeper" fish.
    Im not speaking for what anybody else "should" do....and i am sort of minding my own business as i have ALSO purchased the necessary licenses and stamps so ownership of that resource is not exclusive to a single individual to be abusive as they see fit.
    Have a great holiday weekemd all, hope the storms and flooding hasnt affected you too bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Trout fishing

To the original poster, are you boat fishing , wade fishing, bank fishing? It makes a difference on what/where you will need to do

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone post on the current condition of the river. I'd love to fish tomorrow or Monday but assumed Harvey muddied the river and made it unfishable.

Post Thanks / Like

River looks like

Coffee with extra cream!

Post Thanks / Like

They are fragile

I take 99% of my pics in the water. Almost never keep a trout. My wife doesn't like the taste of rainbows and I don't like keeping the big browns. You can keep whatever you want. If you are "PUT AND TAKE" with stockers go for it. If you are killing 30" brown trout I have a problem with that. We fly fish mostly and mortality is minimal. I have a lot people that bait fish on my boat ramp. I go down there and see trout floating belly up all the time. Years ago I didnt care I ate everything I caught. There are so many fishermen now its a burden on the fishery. I have a place on the river and fish a lot so preserving what I can for another day is paramount. We do keep striper, white bass and walleye however. Just not the trout. You paid for a license to catch trout use it how you see fit. I think also that if I was going somewhere once or twice a year or maybe even more I probably wouldn't be as attached to fishery as I am. You're right its not any of my business what fish you keep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    Actually NONE , not one, of those fish are legal. And though it is a "put and take" fishery those trout are fragile as a newborn kitten. I think (hope) what gforce was questioning is the extensive time out of the water to measure and take pics, a lot of "hands on" going on there. So i suppose there might be some ethical obligation to maybe unhook the fish in the water and save the photo ops for "keeper" fish.
    Im not speaking for what anybody else "should" do....and i am sort of minding my own business as i have ALSO purchased the necessary licenses and stamps so ownership of that resource is not exclusive to a single individual to be abusive as they see fit.
    Have a great holiday weekemd all, hope the storms and flooding hasnt affected you too bad.
    Right

Slot fish.......my bad.

I agree with handling them..........I should not have jumped the gun.