Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland 9/8 trolling

Went down to the lake Thursday ( in an attempt to beat the poker run boats) , on the water 530pm did some bass fishing before dark surprised at the top water bite has really picked up large and small mouths. Anchored in a small cove and spent the night, man was the moon bright.
    Started trolling at 530 , got first fish at 6am, second at 7am. Off the water at 8. fish were 27",28'". Perfect fish for tacos
    Fish came deep . Down rigger ball was at 80ft. in 90-100 ft. or water.
    Yozuri and worm combo. I was marking fish in the 40-45ft range but did not target them.
    I spoke wit a couple of guys who were catching them shallow 40ft on jig and twister tails.

I was there 2 weeks ago and there was nothing shallow on he depth finder, its good to see they are coming up.
    It would be nice to be able to release a fish and continue fishing. But at these depths and water temps all I would be doing is creating floaters.
    Likes fishincreek, Wormin, BKGOOCH, killer3862 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone attempted to target the shallower fish being marked in the 40-50 ft range? I have a couple slide divers that I can deploy if the shallow ones are biting.
    Likes peter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boskeet View Post
    Has anyone attempted to target the shallower fish being marked in the 40-50 ft range? I have a couple slide divers that I can deploy if the shallow ones are biting.
    Good question.

Post Thanks / Like

shallow fish

If you look closely this is from my original post. Yes they were catching these shallower fish.
    They commented that they could not get bit deep so they came up and targeted those fish and limited out the day before

"I was marking fish in the 40-45ft range but did not target them.
    I spoke wit a couple of guys who were catching them shallow 40ft on jig and twister tails"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kstonich View Post
    If you look closely this is from my original post. Yes they were catching these shallower fish.
    They commented that they could not get bit deep so they came up and targeted those fish and limited out the day before

"I was marking fish in the 40-45ft range but did not target them.
    I spoke wit a couple of guys who were catching them shallow 40ft on jig and twister tails"

Right, and I read that. My post was intended to reach anyone else on the forum who might have targeted the fish in the shallower ranges the last couple days as to provide some additional info. I appreciate your original report, kstonich.
    Likes kstonich liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boskeet View Post
    Right, and I read that. My post was intended to reach anyone else on the forum who might have targeted the fish in the shallower ranges the last couple days as to provide some additional info. I appreciate your original report, kstonich.
    The 45 ft deep fish in seventy plus ft of water are shorts and catfish. I have not looked in water more shallow than that. The deepest I have seen keeper fish has been 65 ft. But that is me in the limited places I have fished and many days I haven't fished very long. Last Sunday was the longest at 3 hours. I've stuck with live bait the last month because the pattern for me has been 7-10 ft off the bottom whether it's 100 ft or 70 ft and I do not like pulling riggers and slide divers that close to the bottom over points. I may take some time and search for some larger schools that are higher this weekend. They are out there, I just haven't ran across them.
    Likes PRO V LE, peter liked this post