Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

time for US to step up

We spent 4 winters in the gulf area of tx.Port aranas and rock port were two of the places that we were near to and did a lot of our shopping for our RV trips. This will take years to repair, but many fol;ks don't have the years to wait.I'm going to make a couple of donations this morning. they will be to the salvation army, ans catholic charities. NO I will not donate to the red cross, I have my reasons, and one of them is the admininstative cost. Send a buck, and maybe 40 cents goes to relief.But that is MY personal opinion.Butone of the many bad things that are going to happen, is the thousands of flooded cars, that will be resold to unwary folks. These cars will have been paid off tho some extent by insurance companys, and then sold to concerns that will jerry mander them together, and cause head and heart aches o people down the line.We spent almost two weeks parked two ft from the shore line on one of the many bay area tx state parks. Watched thhe fishing poles through the trailer window. Those trips from late november to mid march were some of our happiest times, also some sad times, needed to take the wife to uof tx hospital in houston for some treatments. So take a minute and send a few bucks to help They are also americans.
    Likes Tyme2fish, Bill M of NJ liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Already on it.

Post Thanks / Like

sent mine

What goes around comes around. 2015 north east hurricane sandy, most of the texas republicans opposed the relief because it was "pork barrel". So how do those statements feel now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    We spent 4 winters in the gulf area of tx.Port aranas and rock port were two of the places that we were near to and did a lot of our shopping for our RV trips. This will take years to repair, but many fol;ks don't have the years to wait.I'm going to make a couple of donations this morning. they will be to the salvation army, ans catholic charities. NO I will not donate to the red cross, I have my reasons, and one of them is the admininstative cost. Send a buck, and maybe 40 cents goes to relief.But that is MY personal opinion.Butone of the many bad things that are going to happen, is the thousands of flooded cars, that will be resold to unwary folks. These cars will have been paid off tho some extent by insurance companys, and then sold to concerns that will jerry mander them together, and cause head and heart aches o people down the line.We spent almost two weeks parked two ft from the shore line on one of the many bay area tx state parks. Watched thhe fishing poles through the trailer window. Those trips from late november to mid march were some of our happiest times, also some sad times, needed to take the wife to uof tx hospital in houston for some treatments. So take a minute and send a few bucks to help They are also americans.
    I agree with you on Red Cross and the admin cost also my National Guard post was helping with a flood years ago Red Cross set up a food area about two miles from the action and the Salvation Army waded water with sandwiches and water. Also when I was a personal waiting training my roommate was also waiting training (we both had three weeks of doing make believe work) his wife had a miscarriage and everyone signed off but the Red Cross he didn't get to go home. the only thing I donate to Red Cross is blood

Post Thanks / Like

The meeting

Watched part of donalds trip to tx. Bunch of glad handing. THE REAL ONLY PEOPLE DOING A GREAT JOB, WERE THE ONES ON THE GROUND, SITTING IN A CONFERENCE ROOM PRAISING EACH OTHER IS FOR POLITICIANS. Thouse volunteers with their pwn boats and some of their own big rigs saving folks were the ones doing the good job. They were almost all wet and tired, the coast guard that the donald wants to underfund doing herioc service. And the POLS, dry, warm, and talking

Post Thanks / Like
    And you think Sandy was any different? I live here in the heart of Sandy, Pols did nothing like always. I had a buddy come down from Syracuse to help me out.

Post Thanks / Like

talk is cheap, and easy to do

:Politicains are there to talk, that's the job they want!It's the feet on the ground that gets it done. I can't ever recall a picture of a pol loading sand bags, or engaging in a boat rescue, but they share in the credits. Not that wouldn't of course, but that they wouldn't know what to do. I guess there is fact in that statement, do as I tell you, and WE will get it done.