Search Fishin.com

Thread: tough call

Post Thanks / Like

tough call

The potus did the right thing, congress makes laws, tweets don't. there is a mentality in this country and others that ALL jews killed christ. they didn't.But the "sins of the father" prevail in some minds. You know how I feel about illegals deport ALL the criminals and scoff laws. And yes dreamers are in the rock and hard place set. BUT we spent a lot of money educating some of them, some have served in and are serving in the military. Many have valid SSNs and some are skilled workers. But they have an uncertain status. Many of them can never become citizens because of the status, going back "home" to apply is one of the dumbest ideas floated, they speak english, many don't know their native toungs.Some have children born here. What do we do with them? These are things that congress has to decide, and live with. they were elected to serve the people, not service them.So if they can't make a moral humane dsecision, then they should resign and become one of lobbyists they listen too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    The potus did the right thing, congress makes laws, tweets don't. there is a mentality in this country and others that ALL jews killed christ. they didn't.But the "sins of the father" prevail in some minds. You know how I feel about illegals deport ALL the criminals and scoff laws. And yes dreamers are in the rock and hard place set. BUT we spent a lot of money educating some of them, some have served in and are serving in the military. Many have valid SSNs and some are skilled workers. But they have an uncertain status. Many of them can never become citizens because of the status, going back "home" to apply is one of the dumbest ideas floated, they speak english, many don't know their native toungs.Some have children born here. What do we do with them? These are things that congress has to decide, and live with. they were elected to serve the people, not service them.So if they can't make a moral humane dsecision, then they should resign and become one of lobbyists they listen too.
    I applaud Trump for trying to get this ball rolling in the right direction. It's a mess because of all the past political figures in this country so no doubt some will be pissed off at his mention of anything with immigration. I have my opinions on what would be the right step so we could move on.

In short....I say we build the wall and in exchange for that we give amnesty of deportation to all by a certain date but there will be a fee associated with that amnesty of deportation and conditions. You become legal, in the system, SSN assigned and a legit tax paying citizen. You have a period of time to pay the fee and get in the system after that if anyone is caught they are gone with no questions asked....period! Also voter ID will be required from now on...period!
    Isn't that how it's done in Washington?? Make deals, give and take?

The fees will help build the wall and maybe the terms of amnesty could be you work building the wall for a period of time as well? The additional tax revenue from these new American citizens could also fund the wall. Call it the MAGA tax! 

its a slap in the face to all the people who immigrated the proper way but I just do not see a viable solution to this problem. We can fight this for another 50 years or just say stop! Here's the plan from this point forward and it's a give and take for liberals and conservatives.
    Likes GeoFisher, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I applaud Trump for trying to get this ball rolling in the right direction. It's a mess because of all the past political figures in this country so no doubt some will be pissed off at his mention of anything with immigration. I have my opinions on what would be the right step so we could move on.

In short....I say we build the wall and in exchange for that we give amnesty of deportation to all by a certain date but there will be a fee associated with that amnesty of deportation and conditions. You become legal, in the system, SSN assigned and a legit tax paying citizen. You have a period of time to pay the fee and get in the system after that if anyone is caught they are gone with no questions asked....period! Also voter ID will be required from now on...period!
    Isn't that how it's done in Washington?? Make deals, give and take?

The fees will help build the wall and maybe the terms of amnesty could be you work building the wall for a period of time as well? The additional tax revenue from these new American citizens could also fund the wall. Call it the MAGA tax! 

its a slap in the face to all the people who immigrated the proper way but I just do not see a viable solution to this problem. We can fight this for another 50 years or just say stop! Here's the plan from this point forward and it's a give and take for liberals and conservatives.
    I agree with almost all that.

Post Thanks / Like

problem since 2014

The dreamer thing has been around for at least 3 years.Congress as usual passed the buck.6 months will not get it done. Before we forget, knowing congress, there will be at least 3 congressional junkets to survey the damage of Harvey, remember, you can't believe anything you see on TV this has to be "eyes on". And don't forget Irma, possibly worse than harvey. And finally, where are we going to deport these dreamers too? What if mexico says nada?

Post Thanks / Like

President bush proposed an amnesty plan in 2004, congress shot it down. So this thing has been going on longer than bahma care.Will it get resolved in 6 months, NO