Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Heart.....

Post Thanks / Like

All Heart.....

What a big heart ky has, the people in Fl are leaving everything they own, running from a deadly storm, needing a safe place to rest until the storm passes, and instead of Ky letting them use the campgrounds for free for a couple days, they say come to Ky and we'll help you by giving you a discount on our campsites. In my opinion, why not just open the campground sites for free to anyone with proof of being a Fl resident, for a couple days while this big storm passes.
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    What a big heart ky has, the people in Fl are leaving everything they own, running from a deadly storm, needing a safe place to rest until the storm passes, and instead of Ky letting them use the campgrounds for free for a couple days, they say come to Ky and we'll help you by giving you a discount on our campsites. In my opinion, why not just open the campground sites for free to anyone with proof of being a Fl resident, for a couple days while this big storm passes.
    I can't see a reason they should? Help is help and being picky about that help falls into entitlement...JMO. Maybe you could post your address and offer your home to anyone with a valid Florida drivers license? Of course free of charge and you don't get to choose who stays. Just sayin...
    Likes GeoFisher, dragmerc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have relatives with property down in Ft Lauterdale.

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I can't see a reason they should? Help is help and being picky about that help falls into entitlement...JMO. Maybe you could post your address and offer your home to anyone with a valid Florida drivers license? Of course free of charge and you don't get to choose who stays. Just sayin...
    They live in KY. I'm sure they will let you camp out for free in their back yard on the farm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    big difference my friend, in a state campground and a persons private home. and if you don't have the vision to see that, I understand..

Post Thanks / Like
    big difference my friend, in a state campground and a persons private home. and if you don't have the vision to see that, I understand..
    No, I get that 100% but the issue I take with your OP is that like many liberal minded folks you judge business owners on how they spend their money even when they are already giving. It's their business, not yours, and they live and die by their actions. Another example is minimum wage laws but that's another topic! That's all I'm saying.

I say it often and on here as well....put your money where your mouth is. If it's ok to judge others on their actions then place that same standard on yourself don't try and relegate others to follow in step with your own emotions when your not practicing what you preach. Global warming is another example of that thought process. Until you live a carbon free footprint and donate more money than you should to that cause then you have no right to demand I follow those proposed regulations...again another topic.

Another take on businesses with this storm.....I wonder how many businesses in Florida gouged the living snot out of those people via gas, hotel, resources? I do take issue with that because you are hurting others for your own personal gain instead of trying to help. It's heartless and when you do it to your own community it's grounds for an old fashioned buttstomping. Imo, that's a problem that will solve itself if allowed too.
    Likes roadrunner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

tough love

Why should they get free camping? I nver got free camping anywhere I went.The state campgrounds and parks are paid in part by Ky tax payers.What about the folks who are not from Fl. they pay out of state fees that the state uses to keep these places open Alot of folks from OH and In. use these places in the fall and they pay for it.I didn't take our travel trailer to Fl because of the prices and the retstrictions, and we never missed it. We traveled a lot in east tx, and paid fees.Those folks who were able to get that far north certainly have the means to shell out a few bucks.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    Why should they get free camping? I nver got free camping anywhere I went.The state campgrounds and parks are paid in part by Ky tax payers.What about the folks who are not from Fl. they pay out of state fees that the state uses to keep these places open Alot of folks from OH and In. use these places in the fall and they pay for it.I didn't take our travel trailer to Fl because of the prices and the retstrictions, and we never missed it. We traveled a lot in east tx, and paid fees.Those folks who were able to get that far north certainly have the means to shell out a few bucks.
    I pay taxes in ky and I sure wouldn't have an issue, with ky campgrounds being free to folks that are pushed out of there homes by a hurricane, if no emergence from the storm, then they should pay, but at a time like this, be a neighbor and reach out to fl. I've camped in fl, al,ms,tn,sc,ky and have payed every time, most likely none will drive this far to be clear of the storm, but I just thought if ky was trying to help them, why not wave the fee for a couple days, for the hurricane victims,

Post Thanks / Like

because

If you,ve camped in other states, as i have, you have noticed many many retirred folks with mobile homes, large 5th wheel trailers. THEY DONT NEED HANDOUTS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    If you,ve camped in other states, as i have, you have noticed many many retirred folks with mobile homes, large 5th wheel trailers. THEY DONT NEED HANDOUTS.
    I have seen lots of the things you speak of, and on the road to some of the places where I saw lots of the nice things you speak of, I saw places where people lived that looked like the structure was ready to collapse, fl has over 20 million residents, when they all head north to escape a hurricane disaster, the states between here and there fill up quick, opening up campgrounds isn't a handout, it is a helping hand. I saw on tv where a man opened his furniture store, to people needing a place to shelter from the storm, now when this is over the guy can't sell his furniture at a new price, what would cause him to do this, it is a thing call compassion, a feeling one gets in their heart when another person is suffering, the guy has a compassionate heart, he wasn't giving a handout to those folks, he was showing them love, brotherly love. something you can read about in the bible, i think it's in the book of first Corinthians, where it says of all the gifts, the greatest gift you can have is charity, { Love, Brotherly Love } where would we { all, every last one of us } end up, if Jesus Christ didn't have compassion for us, when he died on the cross for us, he didn't do it as a handout, he did it because he had compassion for us, we were suffering and in need, so he did it showing us his love

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen lots of the things you speak of, and on the road to some of the places where I saw lots of the nice things you speak of, I saw places where people lived that looked like the structure was ready to collapse, fl has over 20 million residents, when they all head north to escape a hurricane disaster, the states between here and there fill up quick, opening up campgrounds isn't a handout, it is a helping hand. I saw on tv where a man opened his furniture store, to people needing a place to shelter from the storm, now when this is over the guy can't sell his furniture at a new price, what would cause him to do this, it is a thing call compassion, a feeling one gets in their heart when another person is suffering, the guy has a compassionate heart, he wasn't giving a handout to those folks, he was showing them love, brotherly love. something you can read about in the bible, i think it's in the book of first Corinthians, where it says of all the gifts, the greatest gift you can have is charity, { Love, Brotherly Love } where would we { all, every last one of us } end up, if Jesus Christ didn't have compassion for us, when he died on the cross for us, he didn't do it as a handout, he did it because he had compassion for us, we were suffering and in need, so he did it showing us his love
    Kudos to that business owner for deciding to do that....his decision and that's the way it should be. Personally, tossing religion into it is unfair. I don't care what religion of choice either. For this guy in the end it's a business decision. He would not go out of business to help others but he will help others based on his personal beliefs but that has limits and only he knows them.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    the problem is these people never leave. we're still over run with people that were flooded out of new orleans along the retired yanks that know everything. the yanks are really irritating and rude. this used to be paradise until all the all foreigners moved in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    the problem is these people never leave. we're still over run with people that were flooded out of new orleans along the retired yanks that know everything. the yanks are really irritating and rude. this used to be paradise until all the all foreigners moved in.
    I lived in Orlando for many years through high school and as a young adult. We also had issues with people from out of state. The attitude of " this isn't how we do it back home" was rampant. Now down there in some areas it's more like this is the way we do it back home...so you better speak Spanish or you won't understand much!