Search Fishin.com

Thread: Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Ads

I don't know about you, but I am growing pretty tired of seeing the same ad on every post that I try to read. If you haven't seen it, just look on the bottom right of this post!

Post Thanks / Like
    Often ads are personalized to the individual based on items/topics you have recently searched for or visited. If you are seeing the same one it might be one of those customized type of ads. Or it could even be because of a thread topic posted here that targets certain ads to be posted here.

For example I have recently be researching a new camera and comparing prices. Since then I have seen a lot of camera ads on sites I frequent.
    Likes waterdog101 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Question Really

Seems I must have searched for a Guide recently! (Not) The one I see is about fishing on Green River Lake. I understand advertising, but to see it on every post that I view is ridiculous

Post Thanks / Like
    If I had to guess. Since that is a local ad they possibly placed and ad directly with Fishin.com and therefore are guaranteed a larger presence than those on rotation from an outside service. Maybe Peter will chime in with more specifics.

Respectfully though IMO a picture of guys fishing in an ad on a fishing site hardly seems bothersome. I thought maybe it was something off putting you were seeing.

Post Thanks / Like

I ignore most all the ads.

Quote Originally Posted by TrackerMike View Post
    I don't know about you, but I am growing pretty tired of seeing the same ad on every post that I try to read. If you haven't seen it, just look on the bottom right of this post!
    I'm not sure why they pay to run ads on the internet as I hardly ever respond to them. In fact if an ad gets in my way I'm more than likely to just boycott that product for pissing me off.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    If I had to guess. Since that is a local ad they possibly placed and ad directly with Fishin.com and therefore are guaranteed a larger presence than those on rotation from an outside service. Maybe Peter will chime in with more specifics.

Respectfully though IMO a picture of guys fishing in an ad on a fishing site hardly seems bothersome. I thought maybe it was something off putting you were seeing.
    Thanks. You are right it is a local ad.
    I did adjust the ad so if a user is on the site looking at multiple pages that ad will stop after a while until the next time they come to the site. I think this will take care of TrackerMike's concerns.

* the change will take an hour or two to process.

You should check out the floating cabins they have down at Green!
    Likes SLP, TrackerMike liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    I did adjust the ad so if a user is on the site looking at multiple pages that ad will stop after a while until the next time they come to the site. I think this will take care of TrackerMike's concerns.

I thought that was probably the case. Nice of you to make that adjustment, I certainly hope it doesn't cut into your revenue from the ad.
    Likes peter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post

That adjustment was/is great. I now only see an ad on the first and last post of a thread. And I do get that a guy that makes a living taking others fishing wants to get his ad in front of as many people that may use his services, and no better place than a fishing website. Wasn't complaining about that per se, just that I got tired of seeing the SAME ad on every post!
    ps. I once had a houseboat (or 3) on Green. The cabins are nice also, but never desired to own one.