Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland report for bass.

Fished this morning from daylight to noon. The top water bite was very good. Most fish were smallies and a few spots. Sorted through lots of small fish to find some good ones. They liked the long rocky steep banks that were parallel with the channel two thirds back into the creeks. Whoppers and pop r's was my lures. Only saw two other boats up where we were and only 5 at the ramp. The lake level seems close to winter pool, but it is down at least 8' it seems since I was down 3 weeks ago. Could not find any stained water, very clear. Hope this helps someone, could sure use a little help on where and how the stripers are currently at. Thanks and have a wonderful day.
    Likes fishincreek liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the report

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Thanks for report. Don't you just hate topwater?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the report. Its about time for the topwater action to start getting better week by week...also FYI the lake is no where near winter pool. I bet they will pull a lot more water out of the lake.

Current pool is 706. Last year they dropped it to 690. Winter pool is 673 so if they do decide to go to 673 they will have to lower it a bunch more. Even if they go to 690 they will still have to draw a lot more water out of the lake.

Click on this link for the last 3 years pool level...

http://cumberland.uslakes.info/level.asp

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    Thanks for the report. Its about time for the topwater action to start getting better week by week...also FYI the lake is no where near winter pool. I bet they will pull a lot more water out of the lake.

Current pool is 706. Last year they dropped it to 690. Winter pool is 673 so if they do decide to go to 673 they will have to lower it a bunch more. Even if they go to 690 they will still have to draw a lot more water out of the lake.

Click on this link for the last 3 years pool level...

http://cumberland.uslakes.info/level.asp
    R19... thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1678 View Post
    Fished this morning from daylight to noon. The top water bite was very good. Most fish were smallies and a few spots. Sorted through lots of small fish to find some good ones. They liked the long rocky steep banks that were parallel with the channel two thirds back into the creeks. Whoppers and pop r's was my lures. Only saw two other boats up where we were and only 5 at the ramp. The lake level seems close to winter pool, but it is down at least 8' it seems since I was down 3 weeks ago. Could not find any stained water, very clear. Hope this helps someone, could sure use a little help on where and how the stripers are currently at. Thanks and have a wonderful day.
    Thanks for the report. Sent you a PM.