Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

one miserable week

needed to go to the ER monday night.Jaundice![big time].Almost six hours to get admitted, near froze to death. Had a bile drain installed, then a day later a stent from the liver to the small intestine.PAIN.Home again friday evening. More or less waiting for better or hearse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    needed to go to the ER monday night.Jaundice![big time].Almost six hours to get admitted, near froze to death. Had a bile drain installed, then a day later a stent from the liver to the small intestine.PAIN.Home again friday evening. More or less waiting for better or hearse.
    Sorry to see anyone going through pain like that. The comment of better or hearse is kinda funny though🙂 Hope things get better for you!
    Likes waterdog101, roadrunner, LJP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Praying for you my friend, hope you recover fast.
    Likes roadrunner, LJP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back again.

After taking a pain pill and trying to figureout what is the purpose of hospice, and its goals, I've come to the conclusion that pain pills and hospice are just another way that the medical establishment wants you to believe they can juggle more than one object at a time. and the more they try themore they mess it up So comes the exemptions and exclusioary pages. Makes you want to take another pill.

Post Thanks / Like

Blockage of the common bile duct

My mom had this last spring and had to have emergency surgery to remove her gall bladder. She was in a lot of pain. It came and went over a period of three weeks before we figured out what was going on. She would call me and want to go to the hospital but when the paramedics got to her house and I drove across town to see her she would be feeling better again. This went on three times before she finally decided to go to the hospital. There they found out here bile duct and gall bladder had some gall stones and she had the operation. So I know what type of pain you are talking about. She too had to have a stent installed and after a few weeks they removed it and rechecked her bile duct. She's doing better now. Hang in there and do your best. That and hope that the doctors can help you though the pain.

Post Thanks / Like

had my doubts

I really wasn't expecting to be around this morning. But I had a wondrfull care giver who pulled me through. the diarehea and nausea were unbelievable. I know it's going to get worse some day soon, but they even have more powerfull things to help me. But I wasn't afraidSo now I've got to try and build up a little strenght,so that I can walk over to sons house, and have a few puffs.
    Likes TrackerMike liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there man

I know it is tough to stay positive, but hang in there man, there is a bunch of people on here pulling for you!!
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well I hope you don't have any pain and they can help you

I really wasn't expecting to be around this morning. But I had a wondrfull care giver who pulled me through. the diarehea and nausea were unbelievable. I know it's going to get worse some day soon, but they even have more powerfull things to help me. But I wasn't afraidSo now I've got to try and build up a little strenght,so that I can walk over to sons house, and have a few puffs.
    a Few Puffs? Are you serious? My father in Law had open heart surgery many years ago. He's no longer with this world. As soon at he got back home he was smoking cigarettes out in the back garage. He could barely breath. I saw my maternal grand father smoke and he died of emphysema. He was skin and bones when he died. He was a very big man before he got sick and lost so much weight. My mom and dad both smoked and so did I until I finally quit for good in 1993. My best advise to anyone is to never smoke and if you still smoke quit.

All the best to you and hope you are free of pain. It's good to have family around you at times like this. Your lucky to have a son that's living so close to you.

Post Thanks / Like

A few puffs

When life comes down to just breathing, what joy is there in that? As I've said many times, my worst days were better than many folks good days. I sometimes get the feeling that I was one of the "chosen"Never had luxury, and very minimal poverty.I had everything I needed. Why was I blessed? I've had miserable days being a care giver to folks facing terminal illness, but also thankfull in some respects that I was at least a little light at their ends. My feelings are that death is part of life, we ALL know it ends, I can look back and smile, and not be envious.
    Likes waterdog101, LJP, Bill M of NJ, Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I really wasn't expecting to be around this morning. But I had a wonderful care giver who pulled me through. the diarrhea and nausea were unbelievable. I know it's going to get worse some day soon, but they even have more powerful things to help me. But I wasn't afraid So now I've got to try and build up a little strength,so that I can walk over to sons house, and have a few puffs.
    my friend, I like your outlook on life, we all die, it's just a matter of when, and you don't have to be old to die, we all are just a heart beat away from death, when God gets ready for us, we will leave this world, ready or not, my best friend i ever had was a preacher, I was sitting by his bed the night he died, before he passed away, he reached out to me and said, my friend don't let the Devil cheat you out of Heaven, that was many years ago, and even now when I remember him, I still think of the last words I ever heard him say to me. and now I go to church, I'm a christian on a strait and narrow road, that leads to Heaven. if I can endure to my last heartbeat, then I will be saved, thats what the bible says, those that endure to the end the same shall be saved, when I read in my bible about some of the men that spent their whole lives, trying to please God, it makes me feel bad, that I waited so long to put him first in my life, in the bible there was Abraham, a man that lived his life to please God, and God was so pleased with Abraham, that he called him his friend, and Moses lived good enough life before God, that he was known in the bible as the man, that spoke with God face to face, and there was Jacob, he lived his life to please God, and was known to be the apple of Gods eye. when I read about these men, I feel so small, like the line in the song, feel small when standing beside the ocean. you know as a man ages, most of if not all his family and friends have already gone on to be with Jesus, and it's sad to think about dying and leaving our children and grandchildren here, without us to help and protect them, but there are times when we get to thinking about all the folks we've known over our lifetime, and we feel like just going on and meeting them again, but that time will come to us all, when God is ready for us, yesterday is gone, we only have today there is no promise of tomorrow, thats why the Bible says today is the day of salvation, I do and will keep praying for everyone of my fishin.com sisters and brothers, and I leave to anyone reading this, the words my friend left me 16 years ago, don't let the Devil cheat you out of heaven,
    Likes LJP, TrackerMike liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We all have a time card to punch in and out in life, we never know when its time to punch out, we only know when we punch in. As long as you enjoy every moment you have here, its all good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill M of NJ View Post
    We all have a time card to punch in and out in life, we never know when its time to punch out, we only know when we punch in. As long as you enjoy every moment you have here, its all good.
    I agree with you 100% , life is to short not to enjoy it while we’re here, 80 plus years here is a long life, a few are blessed to live over a 100 years, now to us that would be living a long time, because time to us is measured by the clock and calendar, but to God, time means nothing, the Bible says a thousand years is like one day, that’s why while we’re enjoying life here in these flesh bodies, we need to only indulge in pleasures that Jesus would approve of, so when this life of every how many years we are given here is over, then we can live where time means nothing to us, we can live forever and ever, never age, no more sickness or sorrow, no more tears to cry, now that will be a happy life, i’ve Seen some beautiful places and man made things in my life, makes a person wonder how could anything be more beautiful, but the Bible says, the eye hasn’t seen or the ear hasn’t heard anything like what God has in store for those that love him,
    Likes Bill M of NJ liked this post