Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    hmmm...do you remember Deliverance?
    maybe that'll keep em away...lol.
    . if your talking about the movie Deliverance, I remember, and it was a good one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    I love to wade fish, but some of the good wade fishing around this area, is to dangerous to fish this time of year, the camouflage farmers don't have there crops all gathered yet, you guys be careful fishing off the beaten path, it really can be dangerous.
    I love it as well. I started that way when I moved here back in 96. It's till fun to hike and fish and enjoy the woods.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I have been down there and fished a few times for trout with spinning tackle in the Spring and loved it. I just ordered a beginner fly fishing outfit so I will be fly fishing soon. We have a lake here that has areas I can cast for panfish and maybe bass until I can get to some trout water again.
    Some of our local streams are full of smallmouth so i will be doing that as well. I am looking forward to this!!
    First golf, now fairy-wand fishing? I don't even know you anymore, Don. LMAO.

I went through a fly-fishing phase for creek smallmouth. Waded a certain creek to the southwest of town a good bit. I don't really know why, but I just never took to it.

I've fly fished a couple places in the smokies that were pretty cool for sure...and caught a trout or two on the fly in the winter at Otter Creek near Fort Knox.
    Likes DJD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We did a job near Bardstown, ky and I carry a little fishing tackle with me, and do a little wade fishing sometimes, there's a creek on rt. 55 between Bloomfield and Springfield, the creek crosses the road near a little town called Maud, I keep crossing this bridge traveling to work and one misty Rainey day I waded it fishing, down stream from the bridge. Not many deep holes of water, but in most knee deep or deeper water, would hold a couple smallmouth, they weren't any size, but would nail a black spinner bait with a orange curly tail grub added, like they had never seen a spinner bait before. Caught a couple on a big hammer swim bait, but the spinner bait was the ticket that day, If you live close to that creek, give it a try, good small mouth wade fishing there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    Yes there are some pretty trout streams in Tn.But you live closer to some of the best in the in the country here in Ky.Plus you wont need to spend an arm and leg for tjhe license and stamps needed, and the lodging is pretty fair.The cumberland river is hard to beat.And now you have variety with the stoking of brook trout. I fished smokey mtn park twice, and wasn't that impressed. The easy spots to get to were crowded, and the catch and release sites were also well polulated, plus I had the misfortune of getting a ranger with a bad hair day. The several flys in brought with me didn't quite meet his expectatations. My flys were barbed with barb squeezed shut. This guy inspected me for scent[not BO], and then wanted to see my fly box.I guess I disappointed him when I said I'm using legal tackle, and don't intend to break the law. But on cumberland there not that many restrictions. The biggest is finding wadable water. The best time is fall when the river is a little lowrer and clerar of most leaves. I didn't need a guide, had my own boat, and could wade if I wanted too.But there are some good fly fishing guides available.While I'm a fair fly caster, I choose light spinning tackle.10lb test spidr wire and a six ft fluoro leader and you can have a ball. I've had days when 20 fish were common. The trout can be huge. I also steelheaded in western micigan, and that was a differnt type of fishing, thats what we called the "frozen snot" season. When the corp decided to repair wolfe creek dam, they screwed the last good fishing days I had left.

The Cumberland and hatchery creek are both great fisheries, but there are several rivers in east Tennessee that are as good as , if not better than the Cumberland.