Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 24

Thread: Jumps,stripers

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    Jumps,stripers

    has anyone seen any jumps in cumberland

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Jamestown Ky.
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Angry jumps

    I have not seen any yet

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    albany ky
    Posts
    183
    Post Thanks / Like
    there was one in front of the dam yesterday afternoon about the size of a football field for about 10 minutes
    Likes bigcarl6446, peter liked this post

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have a small group who does an annual fall trip for stripes. Starts this weekend but i wont be there until next thursday. I can report as i hear or once i get there but if anyone sees anymore i would love to hear about it. Thx. BG

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like
    So those guys did well in the jumps wed night and thursday limiting out. Little luck fri sat and sun. Thinking this cold front might help out. I will be there wed late and will get 3.5 days of solid fishing in. Very excited.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    jumps

    Quote Originally Posted by bsg2121 View Post
    So those guys did well in the jumps wed night and thursday limiting out. Little luck fri sat and sun. Thinking this cold front might help out. I will be there wed late and will get 3.5 days of solid fishing in. Very excited.
    Thanks for the information.We plan on coming down the 25.Are you able to catch bait? Were the jumps on the main lake or are they in the creeks?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by houseboatjoe View Post
    Thanks for the information.We plan on coming down the 25.Are you able to catch bait? Were the jumps on the main lake or are they in the creeks?
    So i am not there yet but this trip is all about jumps so it is total sight fishing for us. We quit pulling bait on this trip about 10 years ago. Main lake and we normally work between wolfe and dam. I know they were on main lake and i think beaver/white tire area.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bsg2121 View Post
    So i am not there yet but this trip is all about jumps so it is total sight fishing for us. We quit pulling bait on this trip about 10 years ago. Main lake and we normally work between wolfe and dam. I know they were on main lake and i think beaver/white tire area.
    Thanks. We will be coming out of grider hill.We always try to get bait. That way if they don't come up,we can pull boards.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like
    So they have not seen much to talk about junp wise since thursday. I am leaving tonight and am still excited as i am a better spotter than some ha lol. Hopefully they will turn back on once i am there. Anyone seeing anything?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Campbellsville
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bsg2121 View Post
    So they have not seen much to talk about junp wise since thursday. I am leaving tonight and am still excited as i am a better spotter than some ha lol. Hopefully they will turn back on once i am there. Anyone seeing anything?
    I was around dam and Indian Creek areas Saturday afternoon from around 4:30 until dark and didn't see anything. Lots of bait at the surface but no jumps to report.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well. Thurs fri just brutal for jump fishing. Lots of bait but really no jumps. Lots of singles in areas and one small jumps in the creek but really nada to report. Have been working hard from jamestown to dam. Last day. Hoping for a change. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. Unfortunately we are not equipped to pull bait this yr so we are committed to jump fishing. We have tried casting some subsurface baits but hot sunny no fish days so far. GL

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bsg2121 View Post
    Well. Thurs fri just brutal for jump fishing. Lots of bait but really no jumps. Lots of singles in areas and one small jumps in the creek but really nada to report. Have been working hard from jamestown to dam. Last day. Hoping for a change. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. Unfortunately we are not equipped to pull bait this yr so we are committed to jump fishing. We have tried casting some subsurface baits but hot sunny no fish days so far. GL
    thanks for the information.I am coming down wednesday. I'm hoping the cooler temps will help.Do you know what the water temp is?

Similar Threads

  1. JUMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By HURRICANEBOB in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 02:03 PM
  2. Stripers in the jumps
    By StriperCase in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-13-2009, 07:13 PM
  3. Jumps
    By raincheck in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 11:12 PM
  4. FnF and got lucky with some stripers in the jumps.
    By ekubassfsher in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 01:54 AM
  5. Stripers in the jumps..but no fish
    By motalot in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 03:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •