Search Fishin.com

Thread: Dale 11/29/17

Post Thanks / Like

Dale 11/29/17

I’m hoping that this won’t be my last fair weather trip to Dale but it looks like old man winter is coming on down to the area and look around next week. Hoping I can get one of my buddies to go down this weekend. Looks like it’s gonna be a decent weekend. Started out yesterday in Sulfur, headed for main lake but stopped at just below Casey creek and Sulfur and fished with live bait there. Water temp 55.6. Light wind. I bet we stayed in that general area for 2 hours “catching!” Very few dinks. Biggest 17” LM. Two of the smallmouths had fishing lines hanging out of their mouths. A Aberdeen hook buried down in the gullet. I reckon some crappie fellers got more than they bargained for. It was hard to leave but we wanted to see if the main lake would turn loose some bigger ones. Went to the north of Geiger and got a few 18-19” fish and one of those had line hanging out. Could not see hook and the line was just out of the mouth. I assume someone gave the fish a chance and didn’t try to do surgery. The sun was high and bright with a gentle breeze every now and again. Water temps got around 59.5 at the highest. We just picked up a few here and there the rest of the day. We just used live bait on this trip. I did notice on my Helix what appeared to me that the lake was in the process of stratification. I noticed some parts of the lake was clearer than other but nothing out of sorts real bad. This was a good day of fishing for me. I really enjoyed it! I hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2425D218-F19C-49A0-8FB2-932CFD99BA34.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	15891   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F62A2FB-CAE7-4D74-A205-2C3F6C582D80.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	15890  
    Likes jcb, roadrunner, waterdog101 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good day.