Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

No one said that the sky was falling silly

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I guess no more than getting taxed over another liberal sky is falling issue called Obamacare. We needed that too remember?
    They are saying that there will be higher ocean levels, more bad storms and more fires.
    And changing weather patterns. Like more drought and more rain in other area of the globe. And this is all happening. Maybe old Al Gore is right and you should listen to him not mock him so much. If you really want to mock someone Mock the guy in the White house now. As he is going to make things worse not better.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/11/us/nor...ors/index.html

Post Thanks / Like

they said the samething about medicare

Why does medicare work? Because we all pay for it. social security was another plot to inject "gubment" into our lives, it was the first step to communism some pols. suggested, does it work? Why are you so against any social programs that try to provide a safety net to some?It's just that "some folks are getting "gubment" money, many have paid into the fund, and if it was used correctly it would be a l;ot more solvent. BUT we used it to pay for a war we lost, and we let schemers avoid it but hiring undocumemted workers, and then throwing them onto welfare rolls.States were given the option to opt out of social security by providing funded pensions plans. But very few of those staes ill be able to fulfill the promise, because the money was side tracked, and now tax payers are being forced to provide the care that the states promised, We are a bought and paid for "gubment' run by special interest groups.That why this is a dimocracy, people eat the bull s--t up, they actualy think politicians work for them.
    Likes LJP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    They are saying that there will be higher ocean levels, more bad storms and more fires.
    And changing weather patterns. Like more drought and more rain in other area of the globe. And this is all happening. Maybe old Al Gore is right and you should listen to him not mock him so much. If you really want to mock someone Mock the guy in the White house now. As he is going to make things worse not better.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/11/us/nor...ors/index.html
    Yep I’m saying this will change. We have had drought, rain and storms. I think you are closer to the flame than you should be. Step back and observe the climate change claims....they have always happened but now people want to look for reasons to blame, tax and accuse.
    I don’t buy into it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    Why does medicare work? Because we all pay for it. social security was another plot to inject "gubment" into our lives, it was the first step to communism some pols. suggested, does it work? Why are you so against any social programs that try to provide a safety net to some?It's just that "some folks are getting "gubment" money, many have paid into the fund, and if it was used correctly it would be a l;ot more solvent. BUT we used it to pay for a war we lost, and we let schemers avoid it but hiring undocumemted workers, and then throwing them onto welfare rolls.States were given the option to opt out of social security by providing funded pensions plans. But very few of those staes ill be able to fulfill the promise, because the money was side tracked, and now tax payers are being forced to provide the care that the states promised, We are a bought and paid for "gubment' run by special interest groups.That why this is a dimocracy, people eat the bull s--t up, they actualy think politicians work for them.
    Yep let those goons have another avenue into our pockets and we get more of what you described. Toss global warming into that revenue stream they are hunting for. Am I tainted on liberal ideals and corrupt politics....you betcha!!

Post Thanks / Like

The high cost of Climate Change /Global Warming

A non-partisan federal watchdog says climate change is already costing U.S. taxpayers billions of dollars each year, with those costs expected to rise as devastating storms, floods, wildfires and droughts become more frequent in the coming decades.
    A Government Accountability Office report released Monday said the federal government has spent more than $350 billion over the last decade on disaster assistance programs and losses from flood and crop insurance. That tally does not include the massive toll from this year's wildfires and three major hurricanes, expected to be among the most costly in the nation's history.
    The Senate on Monday gave preliminary approval to a $36.5 billion hurricane relief package that would provide Puerto Rico with a much-needed infusion of cash and keep the federal flood insurance program from running out of money to pay claims from hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria. That's on top of another $15.3 billion aid package approved last month.
    The report predicts these costs will only grow in the future, averaging a budget busting $35 billion each year by 2050 — a figure that recent history would suggest is a conservative estimate.
    "Climate change impacts are already costing the federal government money, and these costs will likely increase over time as the climate continues to change," the report said.
    Calculating just how much of the spending from disasters is directly attributable to the changing climate is not possible, the report's authors conclude, but the trend is clear: "The impacts and costs of extreme events — such as floods, drought and other events — will increase in significance as what are considered rare events become more common and intense because of climate change."
    The federal government doesn't effectively plan for these recurring costs, the report said, classifying the financial exposure from climate-related costs as "high risk."
    "The federal government has not undertaken strategic government-wide planning to manage climate risks by using information on the potential economic effects of climate change to identify significant risks and craft appropriate federal responses," the study said. "By using such information, the federal government could take the initial step in establishing government-wide priorities to manage such risks."
    GAO undertook the study following a request from Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine and Sen. Maria Cantwell of Washington, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources.
    "This nonpartisan GAO report Senator Cantwell and I requested contains astonishing numbers about the consequences of climate change for our economy and for the federal budget in particular," said Collins. "In Maine, our economy is inextricably linked to the environment. We are experiencing a real change in the sea life, which has serious implications for the livelihoods of many people across our state, including those who work in our iconic lobster industry."
    The report's authors reviewed 30 government and academic studies examining the national and regional impacts of climate change. They also interviewed 28 experts familiar with the strengths and limitations of the studies, which rely on future projections of climate impacts to estimate likely costs.
    The report says the fiscal impacts of climate change are likely to vary widely by region. The Southeast is at increased risk because of coastal property that could be swamped by storm surge and sea level rise. The Northeast is also under threat from storm surge and sea level rise, though not as much as the Southeast.
    The Midwest and Great Plains are susceptible to decreased crop yields, the report said. The West is expected to see increased drought, wildfires and deadly heatwaves.
    Advance copies were provided to the White House and the Environmental Protection Agency, which provided no official comments for inclusion in the GAO report.
    Requests for comment from The Associated Press also received no response on Monday.
    President Donald Trump has called climate change a hoax, announcing his intent to withdraw the United States from the Paris climate accords and revoke Obama-era initiatives to curb greenhouse gas emissions. Trump has also appointed officials such as EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt, Energy Secretary Rick Perry and Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, all of whom question the scientific consensus that carbon released into the atmosphere from burning fossil fuels is the primary driver of global warming.
    Earlier this month Trump nominated Kathleen Hartnett White of Texas to serve as his top environmental adviser at the White House. She has credited the fossil fuel industry with "vastly improved living conditions across the world" and likened the work of mainstream climate scientists to "the dogmatic claims of ideologues and clerics."
    White, who works at a conservative think tank that has received funding from fossil-fuel companies, holds academic degrees in East Asian studies and comparative literature.
    ———
    Follow Associated Press environmental writer Michael Biesecker at http://twitter.com/mbieseck
    ———
    Submit a confidential tip to The Associated Press at https://www.ap.org.tips

Post Thanks / Like
    they ain't spent a dime on me. i've got enough sense not to live on a coast, in tornado alley, or in a california brush pile. and i'm tired of paying for these people a new house every few years. quit rewarding bad decisions. if they want to live on the beautiful coast, they should pay the consequences. and don't tell me hurricanes are worse now. only reason more money is spent now is because everything costs more now...duh.

Post Thanks / Like

on thr contrary

every I been the local fox news out lets do a great job.They report news, at the local levels it is some of the best available.Not the "national talking heads" they have a one way view of the news, their counterparts also do the same.But the days of unbiased valid news reporting are slipping away Even kadaza is now being swallowed whole by the advertising interests. In the days before manditory childrens programing, it was almost a pleasure getting the 10 pound newspaper on sunday morning and being entertained by competent editorial staff views on many subjets Now you have to scope out almost all the reported materials to see if there ever was any truth in the story to begin with.And that dear friends is what destroys truth in the media. If you are already a skeptic, you disrgard all the news. Hence fake news.

Post Thanks / Like
    A non-partisan federal watchdog says climate change is already costing U.S. taxpayers billions of dollars each year, with those costs expected to rise as devastating storms, floods, wildfires and droughts become more frequent in the coming decades.
    A Government Accountability Office report released Monday said the federal government has spent more than $350 billion over the last decade on disaster assistance programs and losses from flood and crop insurance. That tally does not include the massive toll from this year's wildfires and three major hurricanes, expected to be among the most costly in the nation's history.
    The Senate on Monday gave preliminary approval to a $36.5 billion hurricane relief package that would provide Puerto Rico with a much-needed infusion of cash and keep the federal flood insurance program from running out of money to pay claims from hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria. That's on top of another $15.3 billion aid package approved last month.
    The report predicts these costs will only grow in the future, averaging a budget busting $35 billion each year by 2050 — a figure that recent history would suggest is a conservative estimate.
    "Climate change impacts are already costing the federal government money, and these costs will likely increase over time as the climate continues to change," the report said.
    Calculating just how much of the spending from disasters is directly attributable to the changing climate is not possible, the report's authors conclude, but the trend is clear: "The impacts and costs of extreme events — such as floods, drought and other events — will increase in significance as what are considered rare events become more common and intense because of climate change."
    The federal government doesn't effectively plan for these recurring costs, the report said, classifying the financial exposure from climate-related costs as "high risk."
    "The federal government has not undertaken strategic government-wide planning to manage climate risks by using information on the potential economic effects of climate change to identify significant risks and craft appropriate federal responses," the study said. "By using such information, the federal government could take the initial step in establishing government-wide priorities to manage such risks."
    GAO undertook the study following a request from Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine and Sen. Maria Cantwell of Washington, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources.
    "This nonpartisan GAO report Senator Cantwell and I requested contains astonishing numbers about the consequences of climate change for our economy and for the federal budget in particular," said Collins. "In Maine, our economy is inextricably linked to the environment. We are experiencing a real change in the sea life, which has serious implications for the livelihoods of many people across our state, including those who work in our iconic lobster industry."
    The report's authors reviewed 30 government and academic studies examining the national and regional impacts of climate change. They also interviewed 28 experts familiar with the strengths and limitations of the studies, which rely on future projections of climate impacts to estimate likely costs.
    The report says the fiscal impacts of climate change are likely to vary widely by region. The Southeast is at increased risk because of coastal property that could be swamped by storm surge and sea level rise. The Northeast is also under threat from storm surge and sea level rise, though not as much as the Southeast.
    The Midwest and Great Plains are susceptible to decreased crop yields, the report said. The West is expected to see increased drought, wildfires and deadly heatwaves.
    Advance copies were provided to the White House and the Environmental Protection Agency, which provided no official comments for inclusion in the GAO report.
    Requests for comment from The Associated Press also received no response on Monday.
    President Donald Trump has called climate change a hoax, announcing his intent to withdraw the United States from the Paris climate accords and revoke Obama-era initiatives to curb greenhouse gas emissions. Trump has also appointed officials such as EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt, Energy Secretary Rick Perry and Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, all of whom question the scientific consensus that carbon released into the atmosphere from burning fossil fuels is the primary driver of global warming.
    Earlier this month Trump nominated Kathleen Hartnett White of Texas to serve as his top environmental adviser at the White House. She has credited the fossil fuel industry with "vastly improved living conditions across the world" and likened the work of mainstream climate scientists to "the dogmatic claims of ideologues and clerics."
    White, who works at a conservative think tank that has received funding from fossil-fuel companies, holds academic degrees in East Asian studies and comparative literature.
    ———
    Follow Associated Press environmental writer Michael Biesecker at http://twitter.com/mbieseck
    ———
    Submit a confidential tip to The Associated Press at https://www.ap.org.tips
    I believe it is a political darling of another Trumped up emergency like Healthcare. Make everything that happens an issue with Global Warming and do it for 20 years and *poof* you have another means of tax revenue. I don't even care anymore because we are gonna get taxed on it because people like yourself love to skew data to promote your viewpoint in order to be right. You don't think some of the "professional" opinions of the left haven't received money for their opinions? Come on I hope you are not that naive.
    So the article uses wide sweeping comments about things that have happened or may happen. So this year when we had several hurricanes it was global warming, years without the hurricanes it was Global Warming, Drought, floods, wind, snow, ice all Global Warming. Violent Crimes up...yep Global Warming. Federal deficit, yep Global Warming. Birth rates down? Global Warming again. It doesn't stop. Like I said I don't even care anymore...i know what's coming. My only satisfaction is that we all will pay not just me. Bring it on..taxes for everyone!!

Post Thanks / Like

GAO is non partitical. Yet you still think I'm skewing.

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I believe it is a political darling of another Trumped up emergency like Healthcare. Make everything that happens an issue with Global Warming and do it for 20 years and *poof* you have another means of tax revenue. I don't even care anymore because we are gonna get taxed on it because people like yourself love to skew data to promote your viewpoint in order to be right. You don't think some of the "professional" opinions of the left haven't received money for their opinions? Come on I hope you are not that naive.
    So the article uses wide sweeping comments about things that have happened or may happen. So this year when we had several hurricanes it was global warming, years without the hurricanes it was Global Warming, Drought, floods, wind, snow, ice all Global Warming. Violent Crimes up...yep Global Warming. Federal deficit, yep Global Warming. Birth rates down? Global Warming again. It doesn't stop. Like I said I don't even care anymore...i know what's coming. My only satisfaction is that we all will pay not just me. Bring it on..taxes for everyone!!
    You are dead wrong when you say I'm skewing the data. Dead Wrong. I copied and pasted the article hoping that you would read it and learn something. Seems that some people are just incapable of learning the truth and want to deny everything new.
    Like I said it's apolitical.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are dead wrong when you say I'm skewing the data. Dead Wrong. I copied and pasted the article hoping that you would read it and learn something. Seems that some people are just incapable of learning the truth and want to deny everything new.
    Like I said it's apolitical.
    This is very political. You have just jumped down that rabbit hole.

Post Thanks / Like

not about global warming

My sons dish washer broke down, and caused some floor damage.For years he never filed a claim, and then found out the old 500 buck deductible also went extinct. One reason, the recent cost of the storms over the past 3 years have made the insurers raise everyones premiums. WHY do they let developers re build on questionable locations? Sure those individuals pay steep premiums, but they also make everyone of bare some of the cost.
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    My sons dish washer broke down, and caused some floor damage.For years he never filed a claim, and then found out the old 500 buck deductible also went extinct. One reason, the recent cost of the storms over the past 3 years have made the insurers raise everyones premiums. WHY do they let developers re build on questionable locations? Sure those individuals pay steep premiums, but they also make everyone of bare some of the cost.
    I agree👍🏼 Seems like it’s getting worse and worse. We are bracing for a serious change with our health insurance at the shop. Our claims didn’t go up and I realize we all pay based on averages but man the cost of living goes up and up but the increase in pay can’t keep up. People better live within their means or they are headed for some bad times.