Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

some people are politicising this issue. Some are not

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    This is very political. You have just jumped down that rabbit hole.
    The evidence is clear. And as Kygorski said. It effects us all down the road. Higher premiums for insurance don't just hit those that live along the coast lines.

Just as getting rid of Obama care will raise the premiums of health insurance for everyone else. Why? Those without health insurance tend to wait until they are very sick or seriously injured and that raises the cost of their treatment. And then they will go to the ER for the emergency treatments which cost 3x as much as going to a regular doctor. Hospitals will pass that cost on to everyone else as the poor won't pay.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile good idea for health care

First don't get sick.Avoid old age. avoid promiscuity, tobacco, alcohol, but sing as much as your trigger happy neighbor will allow. Heck next thing you know you'll be and old man of 50.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    First don't get sick.Avoid old age. avoid promiscuity, tobacco, alcohol, but sing as much as your trigger happy neighbor will allow. Heck next thing you know you'll be and old man of 50.
    Don't get Sick? Yea right. Now that's not going to happen. Avoid Women, booze and tobacco. Well it's hard to avoid all three. I can do one out of three. And if my neighbors heard me singing they would call the law on me!

Speaking of neighbors. I have a new one across the street in a rental property. They have two or three dogs. One big Black German Shepard that likes to bark at anything that moves while he's outside in the kennel in their back yard. Every time I go out of the front door he barks at me. The other night I was out draining the water from the three sections of garden hose as it was suppose to get down below zero that night and I didn't want the hoses ruined by water inside of them freezing, expanding and splitting the hose again. I had that happen once before.

So I'm on my back deck and it's dark outside. I'm wearing a baseball cap with a light built into the brim to see the hose so that I can use a wrench to unscrew the end of the hose from the outside faucet. I'm done with the job and about ready to go back into the house but hear leaves being walked on at the side of the house. I walk across the deck to the East side of the house and look down to see two bright eyes reflecting the light from my hat back at me. It was the Black German Shepard looking at me from less than 10 ft away. He turned and ran as I guess the lights on my hat spooked him. I turned around and went back in the house. So much for thinking that the dog would not get lose from his kennel. They keep the dogs in the house but let them out in the kennel at times. No big deal until they get lose and start coming over to my house when I'm not expecting them to be in my yard.

Now in the past I had a neighbor behind my house who got to African Lion Dogs and invisible fence enclosure all around his yard. Those don't work 100% of the time. The batteries in the dog collars wear out and the dogs no longer get the warning or a shock and they are free to escape. Now you would have had to see these dogs and how they acted to understand my concern. They attack up to the fence any thing that moves around them. These dogs are fearless which is why they are used to hunt LIONS. And they can jump four times their body length as they are very lean and strong. They finally got tired of these two dogs tearing up their yard. The dogs were constantly pacing and running around the yard. They would chase along the fence line any car or person that drove or walked by the front of the house. They never stopped and they ran in the same path wearing the grass away into a mud pit at times.

Then there was the neighbors two houses behind my house. They have a Great Mastiff that barked all the time and came after me once or twice when it got lose from it's chain. They chained him to a dog house in their back yard. I called the animal control of them when the dog got lose and tried to enter my house though two doors. He tore up my back screen on the storm door. They got rid of him too.

Now I have another big Black German Shepard to contend with. I don't know the new neighbors and don't want to go over there with the dog around. They have not tried to be friendly either. They come and go and mind their own business. The first time their Shepard got lose I noticed the guy out in his back yard and told him that his dog had been in my back yard a few minute ago. He didn't really say much back. It was dark and I guess he was outside looking for his dog who was running lose. He didn't say sorry or anything. He's a carpenter and works for a company that I worked for in the past so we have some mutual friends as I know his boss very well. I over saw all the workers in that company many years ago before I retired.

Now I have a dilemma. I can call animal control or the sheriff every time the dog gets lose and comes into my yard or walk in my yard in fear of the dog attacking me or at lease coming up to me and checking me out. The dog is aggressive in that he holds his tail up high and is not afraid. Just the fact that as soon as he got lose he came across the street into my yard to check things out. He sees me coming and going out of the house and into my truck all the time when he's left out in the kennel.

So now every time I go outside I will have to be prepared to meet this dog when I'm not expecting a dog to running though my yard.

If the animal control can't stop them from letting the dog run lose in the neighborhood then I'll have to protect myself.

I carry a 9 mm most of the time when going out. But I don't always carry when out working in the yard. I still have to clean out the gutters and cut the grass one more time to chop up all the leaves that have fallen down onto the grass.

It's going to be me or the dog. I chose me. I've been living her for over 25 years now and I don't intend to let some renter's ruin my day. This use to be a nice neighborhood. Now I'm not so sure about that.

Post Thanks / Like

why beat a dead horse?

Climate concerns are not a concern to MOST americans. Were going to have weather whether or not. and there will be climate whether were here or not. We as a country are not that worried about future consequences, you can't put future in the bank, what we we want and need we want now, or tommorow at the latest. We tend to forget the bad parts of history, theres no money in it. there will be a time[i wont rbe around to see it]when draconian measures will be needed because of the large growing lower income class. Low cost housing is becoming harder to find, and that which is available in most cases is poor quality. That trend is not going to stop, because investment groups buy up all the property they can,and re -sell it at a good profit to those who can afford it, and fewer can. We are on the verge of growing ghost towns around us, because people who are tired of driving 4 hours a day[traffic] are moving back to the areas they work in, or are work at home folks. But the sprall has consequences, once good schools are now becoming third rate, or being vacated because the school aged population has moved on. America will be great again, BUT it won't be the america most of know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    If the
    hca is so bad, how come there hasn't been even a modest attempt at a fix?
    You know the answer to that....regardless of the idiots in Congress.... Make no mistake it’s killing us as a small business. We are spending more and getting less.