Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

So I cut open my old gas filter

And found this... I don't think that's supposed to be in there. Could this be the reason she's not running?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    that stuff came out of your fuel lines. ethanol deteriorates the lining on older lines. you better change them all.
    Likes riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    that stuff came out of your fuel lines. ethanol deteriorates the lining on older lines. you better change them all.
    That's what I was afraid of. Now I get to figure out how much damage it's done to the rest of my motor. Thank you sir. Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang,Chuck are you sure that's not gold from the Ohio river?

gold.jpg
    Likes GeoFisher, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that gold dust??????

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL no guy's I'm pretty sure it's not. If it was I'd be buying a new boat instead of dealing with my Friggin Old Recycled Chrysler Engine. On a good note I'm lookin at a weld craft with a 40 on it so who knows. Nice price, just have to convince the boss lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I avoid gas stations that sell alcohol in the gas

I look carefully at the gas pump and if there is any alcohol in the gas I never go back to that station again. It's off the list.

In fact I feel that if they don't place huge warning signs on the gas pumps telling people to not use alcohol gas in older vehicles that they should be made to pay for any repairs that the alcohol in their gas causes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    I look carefully at the gas pump and if there is any alcohol in the gas I never go back to that station again. It's off the list.

In fact I feel that if they don't place huge warning signs on the gas pumps telling people to not use alcohol gas in older vehicles that they should be made to pay for any repairs that the alcohol in their gas causes.
    it is nearly impossible to find stations that don't have alcohol in it........

From my understanding only recreational gas is guaranteed to not have it, even if it is not posted..........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post

From my understanding only recreational gas is guaranteed to not have it, even if it is not posted..........
    correct. they make cheap testers if you want to verify.

and i can't believe a bleeding heart doesn't agree with big government EPA. even though i think it's a scam for corporate farms to make a killing and kick back millions under the table. to be clear, i'm referring to post before geo.

Post Thanks / Like

Your area must be a lot different

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post

Where I live only a few gas stations have gas/alcohol mixtures and the pumps are labeled as to which ones have which. I still can find lots of gas stations that are gas only. Marathon is the gas I buy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    correct. they make cheap testers if you want to verify.

and i can't believe a bleeding heart doesn't agree with big government EPA. even though i think it's a scam for corporate farms to make a killing and kick back millions under the table. to be clear, i'm referring to post before geo.
    And I find it hard to find a cold heart that doesn't understand that Alcohol is not good for the environment. It takes more energy to plant, fertilize, grow, harvest and process corn into alcohol than is sustainable. And the alcohol ruins the engines of cars that were designed to run without it. Thus making more air pollution in the long run.

Simple minds may not comprehend much of anything. No wonder you can't keep up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    And found this... I don't think that's supposed to be in there. Could this be the reason she's not running?
    I went thru that 3 years ago,cut open your old gas line and you can see the inter lineing of your gas line gone or going. I had to replace all the lines from the gas tank to the garbs, also had replace fuel pump and filter. Be sure you get a line that says rated for ethanol.
    Likes GeoFisher, riverrat12 liked this post