Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did that........ON the WATER at Dale Hollow a few years ago.

Motor was acting up, went back to the fuel hose. I could see it was leaking a little. Did a little jiggle jiggle, and it crumbled into 8 billion pieces. Fortunately , I found enough good hose to hook back up and make it back to dock.........20 miles away.

Then I started looking around for places to get a repair. I finally found all the pieces at willow grove, and a good friend of mine called over there and got Darren on the phone, and Darren opened up for me to come over. I went by boat, at dark, with a suspect boat. 100 bucks later, I was back at Holly Creek with all my dang tools and pulling off and replacing fuel system parts.........

I think I still have some stuff messed up because it still misses a little.........but not bad.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    And I find it hard to find a cold heart that doesn't understand that Alcohol is not good for the environment. It takes more energy to plant, fertilize, grow, harvest and process corn into alcohol than is sustainable. And the alcohol ruins the engines of cars that were designed to run without it. Thus making more air pollution in the long run.

Simple minds may not comprehend much of anything. No wonder you can't keep up.
    as usual, you don't understand.
    i hate ethanol and the government mandated use.
    your side are the ones that implemented it's use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    I look carefully at the gas pump and if there is any alcohol in the gas I never go back to that station again. It's off the list.

In fact I feel that if they don't place huge warning signs on the gas pumps telling people to not use alcohol gas in older vehicles that they should be made to pay for any repairs that the alcohol in their gas causes.
    Unfortunately you are probably buying ethanol and don't even know it. I had a local station that had non ethanol fuel. The owner knew the only reason I went there was to purchase non ethanol fuel for my boat. He sold a lot of fuel to boaters and people who had old classic show cars. One day he told me he was going to stop carrying non ethanol fuel because his profit margin was very small compared to ethanol fuel. I thanked him for letting me know he was going to stop carrying it and ask if he would tell me who his fuel supplier was so I could find out if they deliver non ethanol to any other places.

I called the fuel supplier and spoke to the owner. Come to find out he is an avid fisherman himself. He gave me a list of a few places where he delivers non ethanol fuel. Come to find out one of the places is about 4 miles from where I live. Plus I have 3-4 more places that are within a 30 minute drive or less. During our conversation I learned some interesting information.

99% of the fuel is 10% ethanol. You rarely see it advertised on a pump because by law in KY they do not have to advertise if it contains 10% ethanol or less. It's up to the station to advertise if it has 10% or less. Most choose not to advertise so there is a strong chance you are buying 10% ethanol and do not even know it. Now if they are selling E85 fuel KY state law says you must advertise E85 fuel because most vehicles suggest not to run E85. Only newer vehicles that are E85 approved can run E85 fuel or they can run 10% ethanol. Only a very small % of the stations have E85 but the ones that do must have a sign that notifies the customer that the pump contains E85 fuel.

There is ZERO boat motor manufacturers that recommend E85 fuel. Most of the newer motors are okay to run 10% ethanol. In order to run 10% in a boat you need ethanol approved fuel lines. My motor is a 2014 model. I can run 10% ethanol if I want. My motor has NEVER seen ethanol. I only run non ethanol fuel. I pay about .30 more a gallon just to have the piecie of mind that the fuel I am running is not as corrosive and it will not phase separate as fast as ethanol fuel. I could save money by running 10% ethanol but I choose not to.

long story short...KY says you do not have to advertise if you fuel is 10% ethanol or less...99% of the fuel in Ky is 10% ethanol. Only a few station choose to advertise 10% because they do not have to so you're probably running 10% ethanol and don't even know it.
    Likes riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I live in IN and I'm not sure if they have to tell us or not

Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    Unfortunately you are probably buying ethanol and don't even know it. I had a local station that had non ethanol fuel. The owner knew the only reason I went there was to purchase non ethanol fuel for my boat. He sold a lot of fuel to boaters and people who had old classic show cars. One day he told me he was going to stop carrying non ethanol fuel because his profit margin was very small compared to ethanol fuel. I thanked him for letting me know he was going to stop carrying it and ask if he would tell me who his fuel supplier was so I could find out if they deliver non ethanol to any other places.

I called the fuel supplier and spoke to the owner. Come to find out he is an avid fisherman himself. He gave me a list of a few places where he delivers non ethanol fuel. Come to find out one of the places is about 4 miles from where I live. Plus I have 3-4 more places that are within a 30 minute drive or less. During our conversation I learned some interesting information.

99% of the fuel is 10% ethanol. You rarely see it advertised on a pump because by law in KY they do not have to advertise if it contains 10% ethanol or less. It's up to the station to advertise if it has 10% or less. Most choose not to advertise so there is a strong chance you are buying 10% ethanol and do not even know it. Now if they are selling E85 fuel KY state law says you must advertise E85 fuel because most vehicles suggest not to run E85. Only newer vehicles that are E85 approved can run E85 fuel or they can run 10% ethanol. Only a very small % of the stations have E85 but the ones that do must have a sign that notifies the customer that the pump contains E85 fuel.

There is ZERO boat motor manufacturers that recommend E85 fuel. Most of the newer motors are okay to run 10% ethanol. In order to run 10% in a boat you need ethanol approved fuel lines. My motor is a 2014 model. I can run 10% ethanol if I want. My motor has NEVER seen ethanol. I only run non ethanol fuel. I pay about .30 more a gallon just to have the piecie of mind that the fuel I am running is not as corrosive and it will not phase separate as fast as ethanol fuel. I could save money by running 10% ethanol but I choose not to.

long story short...KY says you do not have to advertise if you fuel is 10% ethanol or less...99% of the fuel in Ky is 10% ethanol. Only a few station choose to advertise 10% because they do not have to so you're probably running 10% ethanol and don't even know it.
    Hopefully the powers that be will figure out that it's a waste of time and energy and money raising corn to feed to our vehicles instead of the hogs and cows.

Now if I travel to KY to fish I'll have to try to find a fuel source for my old boat motor that won't ruin the motor or fuel lines
    Likes riverrat12, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you guy's on all of your input. It was actually gold sorry for the confusion lol I'm off to buy a new boat Really thanks. looks like I have some cleaning to do...