Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Shore access lock 4

Anyone know of any shoreline access below lock 4 in Frankfort? Looking to chase sauger and walleye there this fall / winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Long ago used to go down behind Jim's Seafood but I heard they are running people off now. It's not exactly safe there anyway.

Some people go down through Bellepoint toward the animal shelter and fish down there, I've heard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    Long ago used to go down behind Jim's Seafood but I heard they are running people off now. It's not exactly safe there anyway.

Some people go down through Bellepoint toward the animal shelter and fish down there, I've heard.
    There is a small parking area after the animal shelter. I have seen people park there and access the banks below the dam. There is a partially sunken barge on the bank. I’ve seen a lot of people fish from the bank in that area. You can view this with Google Earth app or on your computer if you wish to check further. I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptObvious View Post
    There is a small parking area after the animal shelter. I have seen people park there and access the banks below the dam. There is a partially sunken barge on the bank. I’ve seen a lot of people fish from the bank in that area. You can view this with Google Earth app or on your computer if you wish to check further. I hope this helps.
    I think that may be where that young man fell in and drowned a few months ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    I think that may be where that young man fell in and drowned a few months ago.

Nope, that’s that’s is just down from there in the bend on the other side of the river on BuffaloTraces property. The river bank i was talking about is sand. It gently slopes into the river. People, homeless camps there in the warmer months

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptObvious View Post
    Nope, that’s that’s is just down from there in the bend on the other side of the river on BuffaloTraces property. The river bank i was talking about is sand. It gently slopes into the river. People, homeless camps there in the warmer months
    Thanks for the info guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not trying to be mean, but walk-in access is getting harder every year, with the camps and such, along many river areas. I do feel for the homeless, but it's getting dangerous at times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    Not trying to be mean, but walk-in access is getting harder every year, with the camps and such, along many river areas. I do feel for the homeless, but it's getting dangerous at times.
    I haven’t heard of any problems down there however I agree. I believe if I was on that bank I probably would be watching my back more than my line. I’d say the beach is probably vacated by now. River has been kinda high but getting back down. Next couple days might change that though.