Search Fishin.com

Thread: Maybe!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe!

I'm wondering if we are focusing on tne wrong people lately. Over 50 shooting victims were killed, not by muslim fanatics, but by good ole american citizens with itchy trigger fingers. Maybe We are the "fruit cakes". This shooting will stay on the news untill the next one occurs. It's almost like nascar, we wait and yearn for more tragedy to "make our days".And there is the outside chance that the "donald" and "rocketman" will give us all pieces of earth.

Post Thanks / Like
    rocketman ain't gonna do nothin but eat.

Post Thanks / Like

Man with gun shoots mass murder gunman.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/05/us/tex...ion/index.html

A rural man with is rifle puts and end to the killer who gunned down people inside a church. The many with the gun inside he church was mental and should not have had access to a gun. But the man who shot the gunman was legally armed. He got to the church and stopped more killings even before the police arrived.

So I guess sometimes it's a good thing that people carry guns. I know that I would have done the same thing too. That why I carry a gun with me every where I go these days. I lived without a carry pistol for 60 something years and these days I won't leave the house without my gun.

I have a new neighbor who moved into the rental house across the street. They erected a dog cage in their back yard and soon a big black German Shepard was put inside the wire kennel. That dog barks all the time. If I'm out working in the yard and that dog were to get lose I'm going to be prepared and arms in case it tries to attack me. I've had run ins in the past with the neighbor's big dogs. The same dog that chased me back inside my house one day after I got lose and was running wild attacked a woman jogging by their house and the police told the neighbors to get rid of the dog. It was a big Mastiff. That dog was mean.

The funny thing is that the new neighbors also have a tiny dog that stays outside in the wired kennel with the big Black German Shepard. The little dog will climb up on the German Shepard's back and sleep there. Funny sight.
    Last edited by Moveon; 11-06-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    I'm wondering if we are focusing on tne wrong people lately. Over 50 shooting victims were killed, not by muslim fanatics, but by good ole american citizens with itchy trigger fingers. Maybe We are the "fruit cakes". This shooting will stay on the news untill the next one occurs. It's almost like nascar, we wait and yearn for more tragedy to "make our days".And there is the outside chance that the "donald" and "rocketman" will give us all pieces of earth.
    Maybe the Mental illness and the constant coverage by the media could be at fault? How many times have we heard left winged fruitcakes ask for Donalds head? Anifa fruitcakes feed off that stuff, the left winged media and many of their supporters mock the killing of trump or "his" people.

The problem isn't guns its mental illness and an atmosphere that is continually pushed by the media, politicians and left winged lunatics. Maybe some right wingers but I can't think of any right now.

Its nothing like NASCAR....you were joking but this is out of control.

Post Thanks / Like

not antifa

One of the first rumours ws an antifa plot to start a civil war, that was proven false.the gunmen wasn't a rightist or a lefty, just another nut case with more ammo than brains. Moveon suggests everyone should be armed, maybe, I open carried a pistol for several years while I walked our dog down ky90. never raised an eye brow, but you know something, I've been un armed now for over 3 years, and I still feel safe most of the time. the one bad thing about shooters trying to helpis what if they make a fatal mistake? does ooops cover that?
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes Karma Takes Care Of It For Us

Post Thanks / Like

Drivers make mistakes all the time

Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    One of the first rumours ws an antifa plot to start a civil war, that was proven false.the gunmen wasn't a rightist or a lefty, just another nut case with more ammo than brains. Moveon suggests everyone should be armed, maybe, I open carried a pistol for several years while I walked our dog down ky90. never raised an eye brow, but you know something, I've been un armed now for over 3 years, and I still feel safe most of the time. the one bad thing about shooters trying to helpis what if they make a fatal mistake? does ooops cover that?
    Mistakes happen in all sorts of things. For example the Air Force made a mistake and didn't turn Kelly's criminal records over to the FBI national Crime Data Base. That would have prevented Kelly from buying guns and would have prevented the TX church shooting as well. Mistake are made every day.

I read today that another TX Church's Pastor is going to arm himself and have several members of the church armed as security too.

I was in another forum yesterday and someone proposed a hypothetical situation to me that I needed to think about. Suppose you are carrying and are in a back and witness someone pull out a gun and start robbing the back. Or it could be any business place. But there is another guy in the business that's carrying too. Both you and the other guy pull out your guns and seeing each other with a guy you don't know who's who. One of you or both of you could be with the bank robber.

Before he presented this hypothetical situation to me I said that if someone pointed a gun at me I would have to shoot them.

But now I'm going to have to think about that statement. If someone points a guy at me I'm going to be in fear of my life for sure. But what if the guy pointing the gun at me doesn't know who I am or that I'm there and trying to prevent a bank robbery by pulling my gun out and pointing it at the bank robber who's in turn pointing his gun at the teller and threatening the teller? Now I have another guy pointing a gun at me and I don't know if he's a good guy or a bad guy with the bank robber. Something that I need to study some more I guess. I need to talk to some more experienced gun carrying people in law enforcement.

Now I could easily start talking to the guy with a gun and see what his intentions are. Or he could shoot me before I could shoot him. Lady or tiger situation I guess.

The world is a complicated place. We all have to make decisions. I could just sit there and not expose my gun and watch it all go down. That might be the smart thing to do. But it that the right thing to do? I'm not sure right now what I would do in that situation. I sure don't want to get shot. My goal is to protect myself first and if possible protect others. I may not uncover my gun if a gun man has the drop on me either. I'm not that fast at drawing and the gun range where I go to shoot won't allow us to practice drawing a guy out of a holster. In fact even if we are permitted to carry in IN the State Gun Ranges won't let us carry a gun in our holster while at the gun range. We have to unload the guns and carry them to the shooting area that way. Only when we get ready to shoot can we load the guns. Safety first. So the only way to practice drawing and shooting is to go out to the abandoned coal fields and closed down strip mines and practice shooting out there. Or to unload the pistol and use fake ammo to practice drawing and ejecting the magazine and loading a new magazine.

One thing I do agree with above is that coverage that the media gives to the shootings may well be the reason why we have some many more shootings. If this type of event was played down and not on the news 24/7 for days on end it might not give other the same idea to go shoot up the town. Something to think about. People tend to copy the actions of other and especially if the know that millions of other will see what they did on TV.
    Likes LJP, GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    The world is a complicated place. We all have to make decisions. I could just sit there and not expose my gun and watch it all go down. That might be the smart thing to do. But it that the right thing to do?
    Yes in that situation the right and smart thing to do is nothing. All bank employees are to trained to give robber whatever he wants. Their goal is to get him out of the bank as quickly as possible without risking life or limb and let LE handle it after that. If the robber decides to start shooting the place up then by all means pull your weapon and take him out. Otherwise don't do anything that would escalate the situation.

Post Thanks / Like

know what you're limits are

Before you draw your'iron" are you sure you can hit what you intend to shoot? Do you practice shooting?I'ts a little different than in the movies or TV, but the laser sights improve your chances. A good shot will score with his first shot, after that many things go wrong. I believe you are resposible for your actions, if your miss injures or kills someone, who's fault is it? and once you draw a firearm, you are a participant.Who knows if yoi're an accomplice, or a perpertrator? think about it. And PLEASE, none of that shoot from the hip crap, a good hip shooter hit about 25%of the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Rules of a Gunfight

While entertaining these two videos are factual in nature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXyg8dnhtPk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMmd6Kp1tKg