Search Fishin.com

Thread: Dale Brrrrrr

Post Thanks / Like

Dale Brrrrrr

Misting all day, north wind a blowing. Kinda made for a miserable day. Didn’t do much. Didn’t get out of Sulfur creek. Water temp 65 most places. Threw top water around trees and elsewhere. Finally went to my favorite, the tube. Between my buddy and I, we caught 7. All but one smallmouth. 3 of the fish were 17”, the others were around the 11-12 inch range. Caught them in 30 foot of water, crawling them slow enough you could’ve cooked a pot of beans by the time you got the bait back to the boat. Tomorrow we will still have the north wind and about the same temperatures but maybe some sunshine will poke thru, doubt it though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Cap...very nice report.

Hope you do OK tomorrow, and if you are in Sulfur Creek, I hope you can give the "Queen Anne" Stump area a shot. It is in Bend Hollow, and if you focus on areas out from the stump (which is on the point), some good things can happen in the weed transition to deeper water.

The stump should be visible by now unless the water is unusually high. It is on the North side of the hollow as you enter. Good luck, man.
    Likes CaptObvious liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Did just bit better today. Same M O just different area. Did cast a few in Sulfur and caught a few 15 inchers. Went to the bluffs at the state park and did better. Largest being 17 inches. Water temp 64 degrees
    Last edited by CaptObvious; 11-08-2017 at 07:31 PM.
    Likes DHart liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Capt. I was on the lake and it was misty all day I don,t think we saw another boat all day

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
    Capt. I was on the lake and it was misty all day I don,t think we saw another boat all day
    Tuesday was a miserable day! I believe the clouds were only about a hundred foot over our head. There was a mist all day along with a wind. I think I seen two boats and I think they were going to the marina to give up. A hot cup of coffee and a shot of bourbon when we got back to home base.
    Likes roadrunner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptObvious View Post
    Misting all day, north wind a blowing. Kinda made for a miserable day. Didn’t do much. Didn’t get out of Sulfur creek. Water temp 65 most places. Threw top water around trees and elsewhere. Finally went to my favorite, the tube. Between my buddy and I, we caught 7. All but one smallmouth. 3 of the fish were 17”, the others were around the 11-12 inch range. Caught them in 30 foot of water, crawling them slow enough you could’ve cooked a pot of beans by the time you got the bait back to the boat. Tomorrow we will still have the north wind and about the same temperatures but maybe some sunshine will poke thru, doubt it though.
    I fished the Ned rig in 25 fow you didn't feel the bite on 75% of the fish it was just heavy was your tube bite the same?
    Likes CaptObvious liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
    I fished the Ned rig in 25 fow you didn't feel the bite on 75% of the fish it was just heavy was your tube bite the same?
    About half the time. The other half was like fishing an artificial worm, tap tap, watch your line and POW! The fight was on