Search Fishin.com

Thread: Dale Nov 5/10

Post Thanks / Like

Dale Nov 5/10

Dale hollow Nov 5/10

We stayed at Hollow Log Cabins close to Holy Creek two bedroom cabins 85.00 per night vey nice cabins I think John Davis owned them at one time call Rena Kincaid for reservations 317-498-7715 we arrived Sunday around noon on water by 1:30 fished Holly creek and Roberts cove ended up with three nice small mouths all on Ned rig rained Sunday night fished Monday was overcast and sprinkled couple times wind picked up caught a couple fish on windy point with wiggle wart and Ned rig fished Hooly creek Roberts cove and Nattie Branch ended with about five fish missed a couple as they were jumping real good. Tuesday was misty all day looked like fog all over lake but it was a light mist came off a little early we were cold to the bone but we caught several fish on grubs Ned rig and wiggle wart several fish were small couple nice fish Wednesday was cloudy and cooler fishing picked up we went to Jennings Hollow and the island in front of this hollow and Gatlon Hollow some bluff ends and cuts. Thursday was still colder but sunny this was our best day we basically refished area we fished Wednesday probably caught 10 fish three were probably 8 inches caught two that were in the 18/19 inch. We caught most fish Wednsday and Thursday on Ned rig and foote rig foote rig is named after my fishing partner it is a 1/4 oz. roadrunner with about three inches of a black/chartrueseus 6 inch curl tail worm as a trailer we have caught a lot of small mouth on this rig over the years.
    Water temperature was 63 to 65 every day I was please pleased for first fall on the lake and only fourth trip to the Hollow plus me being 71 and my partner is 77 we don't fish from daylight to dark anymore great time at the hollow

Post Thanks / Like
    Great report!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
    Dale hollow Nov 5/10

We stayed at Hollow Log Cabins close to Holy Creek two bedroom cabins 85.00 per night vey nice cabins I think John Davis owned them at one time call Rena Kincaid for reservations 317-498-7715 we arrived Sunday around noon on water by 1:30 fished Holly creek and Roberts cove ended up with three nice small mouths all on Ned rig rained Sunday night fished Monday was overcast and sprinkled couple times wind picked up caught a couple fish on windy point with wiggle wart and Ned rig fished Hooly creek Roberts cove and Nattie Branch ended with about five fish missed a couple as they were jumping real good. Tuesday was misty all day looked like fog all over lake but it was a light mist came off a little early we were cold to the bone but we caught several fish on grubs Ned rig and wiggle wart several fish were small couple nice fish Wednesday was cloudy and cooler fishing picked up we went to Jennings Hollow and the island in front of this hollow and Gatlon Hollow some bluff ends and cuts. Thursday was still colder but sunny this was our best day we basically refished area we fished Wednesday probably caught 10 fish three were probably 8 inches caught two that were in the 18/19 inch. We caught most fish Wednsday and Thursday on Ned rig and foote rig foote rig is named after my fishing partner it is a 1/4 oz. roadrunner with about three inches of a black/chartrueseus 6 inch curl tail worm as a trailer we have caught a lot of small mouth on this rig over the years.
    Water temperature was 63 to 65 every day I was please pleased for first fall on the lake and only fourth trip to the Hollow plus me being 71 and my partner is 77 we don't fish from daylight to dark anymore great time at the hollow
    Excellent report.......I've stayed at Hollow Logs cabins forever......

Cabin 1 and Cabin 2 are awesome. I've stayed at both, and will again......In fact the past 2-3 years I've stayed long term for 6 -8 weeks between thanksgiving and new years.........Not this year though.

I'm actually planning on fishing KY lake this winter instead of Dale. I sure hope it is not a bad idea.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Excellent report.......I've stayed at Hollow Logs cabins forever......

Cabin 1 and Cabin 2 are awesome. I've stayed at both, and will again......In fact the past 2-3 years I've stayed long term for 6 -8 weeks between thanksgiving and new years.........Not this year though.

I'm actually planning on fishing KY lake this winter instead of Dale. I sure hope it is not a bad idea.

Later,

Geo
    Spoke with John recently to make my booking for my annual Jan 1st fnf trip and was shocked that he unloaded those cabins. They are the best in the area for access to holly creek and mid lake fishing areas. I believe that he does still own the large cabin. George, based on how I hope my trip goes, you’ll have regrets 😜. Anything has to be better than last year when I fished January in 60 degree weather and water temps too high for a good FnF bite. Not to hijack this post but is smalljaw.com still jacked up?
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ON3 3Y3D WILLI3 View Post
    Spoke with John recently to make my booking for my annual Jan 1st fnf trip and was shocked that he unloaded those cabins. They are the best in the area for access to holly creek and mid lake fishing areas. I believe that he does still own the large cabin. George, based on how I hope my trip goes, you’ll have regrets . Anything has to be better than last year when I fished January in 60 degree weather and water temps too high for a good FnF bite. Not to hijack this post but is smalljaw.com still jacked up?
    smalljaw . com is a useless site...............and the facebook page isn't much better.........

Too much infighting.

Later,

Gepo

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Enjoyed your report
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    smalljaw . com is a useless site...............and the facebook page isn't much better.........

Too much infighting.

Later
    Gepo
    What a shame this was a GREAT forum almost a Dale Hollow site

Post Thanks / Like
    Really enjoyed your report...thank you, sir!
    Likes roadrunner liked this post