Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

My trim came up out of the water by itself coming off planep

My trim came all the way out off the water when I was coming off plane ! Wth happened?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a trim switch at the bow make sure none of your rods come in contact with the switch. A guy I know had his rods strapped down and thought they were secure but one of them slid forward. The butt of the rod was on trim down. His boat started losing speed and plowing through the water going down the lake. He was hitting the trim up at the console but nothing happened. He shut the boat down and heard his trim motor running. As he was checking switches he realized the butt of a rod was on the bow trim switch...its possible you had this issue with trim up as your problem.

Question...was this a isolated issue or did it happen more than once. More than once would rule out my suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had that happen with bad relay/s

Post Thanks / Like
    Bad relay or a switch stuck. If it continues doing it it should be easy to isolate

Post Thanks / Like
    Changing out the t/t relays is pretty simple ... but do both at the same time. Hold onto any good relay as a "backup", if you isolate which one is bad .... IF it IS a bad relay. You might check for bad connections on all switches that connect to the t/t, first.

I don't know jack about it, but checked online to see where the relays were and did the work myself. 90HP Merc ... Stokley's had the relays in stock and at about the same price as online. My problem was the motor would trim up, but not back down. Not exactly the same problem as you have, but if it is the relays, it's not a "take it to the mechanic" kind of problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also had this happen once, after a good rain my front trim switch got wet and kept bringing my trim up in the front yard. I would make sure all switches are dry if that doesn't help then replace the relays as mentioned. Good luck Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    To add it will only trim up so far while running but as soon as rpms drop coming off plane it will then go into tilt. That why it probably didn't do it until you slowed down.