Search Fishin.com

Thread: Yawn....

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Yawn....

Heading to Dale in about a half an hour. Gonna be a one dayer. Couldn’t stand it! Gotta go, it’s going to be Sunshine and low wind. Don’t know if it’s gonna help the fishing but it’ll make it a little easier on this old man than last weeks trip. Now, if I can stay awake for the trip down. Where’d I put my coffee........
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck. Let us know. I'll be making the trek down soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whew! I’m hating these whirlwind trips. I either have to drive or stay awake as a passenger to help keep fishing buddy awake. I feel that these whirlwind trips are winding down real quick. Anybody else feel this way? It ***** to get older but oh well, what are you going to do? Anyway, just a little chilly starting out but turned out to be a beautiful day. Sunny and low wind. Water temps were 61 degrees starting out but warmed up to 63 by time we got off of water. We fished main lake around the Ky state park and island close to trooper island. Used top water, not even a sniff. Used a craw on a stand up jig, one hit. Tubes, a lot of hits. I use a 3 1/2 inch smoke pepper tube mostly. I put some orange color down the sides. They seemed to like it. They came in 20-30 foot of water. Slow retrieve or slow crawling. Largest LM was 17 inches. Largest SM 19 inches. Perhaps 7-8 below them. All still had very good color to them. That might not be a good day for a lot of you guys but despite being tired, I thought it was a wonderful sunny autumn fishing day! Sure, I’ve had better but still, it beats the alternative. Hope this helps. Sorry for my ramblings.
    Likes DogFood, roadrunner, DHart, vausoner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice report! Buddy and I are heading down next Tuesday night after work, and fishing until Sunday. Can't wait!
    Likes roadrunner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    One day trips are out for me at D H don't know if it's the age or the fact it's a five hour drive l guess it's both
    Likes CaptObvious liked this post