Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

One more year and then I going fishing!

After 26 years in the military and now 22 years on the water as a full time bass guide it is time to relax. I have been saying one more year for the past couple of years now so I finally made the decision that next season will be my last. I am looking forward enjoying my last year of guiding next season and then I am going to just go fishing. I found it harder to make that decision than I thought it would be but as many of you know, I have been fighting Stage IV cancer for over 4 years now and still fighting hard. I plan on still being around for a while but it is time to step back and let some of the younger guys take over.....I still have one more year guiding to impart a little of what I have learned over the years so if you would like to take my Eliminating Water Class this winter or take a guide trip with me before I retire now is the time to start making plans.

Thanks
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Dave!!
    Well earned time enough for retirement. I've taken your class and it helped me immensely.
    Best wishes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stewart View Post
    After 26 years in the military and now 22 years on the water as a full time bass guide it is time to relax. I have been saying one more year for the past couple of years now so I finally made the decision that next season will be my last. I am looking forward enjoying my last year of guiding next season and then I am going to just go fishing. I found it harder to make that decision than I thought it would be but as many of you know, I have been fighting Stage IV cancer for over 4 years now and still fighting hard. I plan on still being around for a while but it is time to step back and let some of the younger guys take over.....I still have one more year guiding to impart a little of what I have learned over the years so if you would like to take my Eliminating Water Class this winter or take a guide trip with me before I retire now is the time to start making plans.

Thanks
    Dave
    Dave I do not know you or you know me I Know you are a icon on this site I will add you to my prayers if everyone prays for you on this site there will be a miracle for you and thanks for your military service and great luck bob
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your thoughts and prayers Bob. I have survived this Stage IV cancer for over 4 years now and I know that having so many folks praying and supporting me as well as my Marine attitude of never giving up have keep me going all this time. It has not gotten the best of me yet and I don't plan it will for some time to come. Gonna take more than some cancer to keep me down. The Lord will bring me home when he is ready and until then I will keep fighting and putting my trust in Him.
    Likes GeoFisher, Bassky, bigcarl6446 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, I took your class and learned so much on reading a map. You may remember my brother fighting stage IV cancer also and he's winning as well. Still going strong! Good luck with your battle as well and enjoy retirement!! Congrats

Post Thanks / Like
    Hate to see you retire Dave, but that's just me being selfish. I took your class and it was extremely valuable not just for KY/Barkley but understanding any body of water! Anyone who has thought about taking it shouldn't hesitate. Hope you get to enjoy your time on the water without clients and do some pleasure fishing for yourself! Keep fighting the fight bud, cancer ***** BEAT IT!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kind words guys. I do look forward to some leisurely days on the water after I retire next year but will miss being with my clients as I have always enjoyed assisting them in becoming more productive anglers both on the water and in the classroom. I am hoping to share some boat time with many of my clients that have become good friends over the past 22 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish you the best Dave.

My young son and I came to your place last year for your course and we really enjoyed it. I promised my daughter that she would get her turn if we hired you to guide us. I'll have to try and see if I can get us a date to do that some time in the spring.