Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

The Fishin.com Pet Thread

Hi, everyone! I've just created this thread for us to discuss our furry, little friends. My wife and I own a Pomeranian named Jeffrey. It’s always a bundle of joy, waking up next to this cuddly creature. My wife is more enthusiastic about him than I am, buying him various pet toys, a cooling dog bed, a pet stroller, etc. It’s like having a baby once again, but this time, more playful, hairier, and definitely has four legs. Such a blessing! He's a great companion and a loyal friend, overall. How about you? What are your pet stories?

4.jpg
    Likes riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Lolo is Australian Shepherd with some Dalmatian and Big Dog is the Beagle.

Dog on couch.jpg

Yep, it's their ratty couch.
    Likes riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    One of my big lap dogs wishing you all a Merry Christmas. Cooper!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes waterdog101 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Cooper with the riverrat!
    Likes Tyme2fish liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Little riverrat lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Reese, my little shih tzu has been my fishing buddy for the past 10 years, and she loved going with me on the boat, if we went outside and I raised the garage door for any reason, she would go to the boat and look up and bark until I sat her up on the boat, she would run around all over the boat and end up laying down on the front of the boat and just watching everything I was doing. I got up one morning last month to let her go outside to take care of business, and she was off balance, and fell to the floor, had to carry her out in the grass to potty, took her to the vet, he said she showed symptoms of being poisoned, she did nothing different than any other time, out to potty and back in the house, I don't see how she could have been poisoned, the vet gave her two shots and some pills, said she should just lay around for a day or so and start getting better, I let her lay all day, she would only drink a little water and wouldn't eat at all, and I had to use my finger to get the pill far enough in her mouth to get her to swallow it that night, same thing the next morning, I let her lay waiting on the meds to work like the vet said, no change at all on getting better after a day and a night, so I took her back to the vet, he keep her and called me the next morning and said she had died, he said he had been a vet for over 40 years and had seen a lot, but never had seen a dogs red blood cells drop as fast as my little dogs did, he said it was as if her own body turned on it's self to destroy it on red blood cells, I loved this little dog like a child, it was always laying in my lap when I was home, my wife said she would tell my little dog that I was coming home a half hour or more before I got there and she would go to the front door and lay there and wait for me, when I buried this little dog, I cried like a little 8 year old boy, and i'm an old man... iphone 6s plus photos 1024.jpg it's been over a month and I still catch myself going to change her water bowl, or start ot get up to let her outside, it's crazy how a person can get to love a dog so much, and how other people treat them so bad...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    Reese, my little shih tzu has been my fishing buddy for the past 10 years, and she loved going with me on the boat, if we went outside and I raised the garage door for any reason, she would go to the boat and look up and bark until I sat her up on the boat, she would run around all over the boat and end up laying down on the front of the boat and just watching everything I was doing. I got up one morning last month to let her go outside to take care of business, and she was off balance, and fell to the floor, had to carry her out in the grass to potty, took her to the vet, he said she showed symptoms of being poisoned, she did nothing different than any other time, out to potty and back in the house, I don't see how she could have been poisoned, the vet gave her two shots and some pills, said she should just lay around for a day or so and start getting better, I let her lay all day, she would only drink a little water and wouldn't eat at all, and I had to use my finger to get the pill far enough in her mouth to get her to swallow it that night, same thing the next morning, I let her lay waiting on the meds to work like the vet said, no change at all on getting better after a day and a night, so I took her back to the vet, he keep her and called me the next morning and said she had died, he said he had been a vet for over 40 years and had seen a lot, but never had seen a dogs red blood cells drop as fast as my little dogs did, he said it was as if her own body turned on it's self to destroy it on red blood cells, I loved this little dog like a child, it was always laying in my lap when I was home, my wife said she would tell my little dog that I was coming home a half hour or more before I got there and she would go to the front door and lay there and wait for me, when I buried this little dog, I cried like a little 8 year old boy, and i'm an old man... iphone 6s plus photos 1024.jpg it's been over a month and I still catch myself going to change her water bowl, or start ot get up to let her outside, it's crazy how a person can get to love a dog so much, and how other people treat them so bad...
    Man I’m so very sorry for your loss. I know how they become family it takes time that’s for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamClaymore View Post
    Hi, everyone! I've just created this thread for us to discuss our furry, little friends. My wife and I own a Pomeranian named Jeffrey. It’s always a bundle of joy, waking up next to this cuddly creature. My wife is more enthusiastic about him than I am, buying him various pet toys, a cooling dog bed, a pet stroller, etc. It’s like having a baby once again, but this time, more playful, hairier, and definitely has four legs. Such a blessing! He's a great companion and a loyal friend, overall. How about you? What are your pet stories?

4.jpg
    That is a Pom? 🤔

Post Thanks / Like

Maxx

He is much older now and only became better with age. He is a typical lab and has spent most of his life by my side at work or at the lake. He slowed down a lot so now he gets the kings treatment with warm blankets when his joints are sore and meds to help him be more comfortable.
    Likes waterdog101, riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

never bought a dog

right now I'm taking care of a 13+year old chimexican dog of some kind.It was my grand daughters pet while she was a yoinger niaeve student. now she has no time for it. My first wife wanted a puppy for company, she was paralized to a large extent, so I got her one.It was her dog, and my responsibility. After she died the dawg was mine. He was quick tempered ready to snap, mean SOB, but he loved me.He would fish with me, and stand in the bow and snap at waves, yes he fell over board more than once, and that was one of the times he let me mishandle him, getting him into the boat. I needed to put him down, because he wouldn't tolerate children and some women. My second wife came back from the neighbors house with a puppy, I said "no inside dogs anymore" after staying out in a well built insulated fenced dog run, one scorching summer day, the wife let her in. but all that outside living made her already relient on the outdoors for her needs. We needed the sheriff to put her down because she became sick, wouldn't come in and we were afraid the coyotes would get her.she was our traveling compainion, and I swear that dog pooped in 27 states. the last dog my fiance wanted, naturally she was my responsibility, and when the fiance died it was the two of us. after I found out I had cancer i needed to find someone to adopt her, my step son did and he adores her, and she is his bed companion. Like I said I never bought or really owned a dog,but they have been a part of my life for over 30 years.Buy the way,I really like cats, and for some reason they seem to like me also, so its hard not to have any real pet, because I'm living in care giver situation for the time being

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    Yes ,as Don said they are part of the family and hard to see go. Sorry for your loss Waterdog.