Search Fishin.com

Thread: Kincaide lake

Post Thanks / Like

Kincaide lake

Fished today was the only boat out after it warmed up saw 2 water temp was 43 water slightly murky fished crank baits jerk bait jig and worm got blanked

Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch, murky cold water is tough fishing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassky View Post
    Ouch, murky cold water is tough fishing!
    I agree and I think murky/muddy/stained water in a clear lake is a lot worse than lakes that always have some color or stain. I think fish in clear water are depend on sight more than using lateral line to find there prey were as a fish in stained water probably are better equipped to find prey using there lateral line. But then add cold and it really make for tough fishing in both clear water lakes and off color lakes.

Just my thoughts.
    Likes riverrat12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I look at as "paying your dues" at Kincaid. I've endured plenty of days like that. If you keep going down there, you'll eventually get rewarded. I had the best fishing day of my life down there back in April of this year. I only caught 4, but they were all good ones - first a 3, then a 6, then a 5, then my personal best, an 8.

Post Thanks / Like
    Biggest I ever caught there was a 6 lb on a 6 foot root beer color crank on turkey Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Cool what

Quote Originally Posted by hairball View Post
    That's what I look at as "paying your dues" at Kincaid. I've endured plenty of days like that. If you keep going down there, you'll eventually get rewarded. I had the best fishing day of my life down there back in April of this year. I only caught 4, but they were all good ones - first a 3, then a 6, then a 5, then my personal best, an 8.
    come on hairball,sounds like a story to me. lol
    Likes NKYFISHING liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rbass57 View Post
    come on hairball,sounds like a story to me. lol

I know it sounds like bull**** but Earl was with me and I have pictures to back it up. That's one thing I've never done - exaggerate my fishing stories. I have a hard enough time remembering the truth, let alone trying to remember what stories I told to whom. Plus, I'm just not a very good liar. It would be very hard for me to tell some ridiculous story without laughing or at least smiling.

You been down to the Pen lately? I hear your brother has been whacking them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I Know Tom his fishing partner and he is not kidding I have seen pictures from Tom's cell phone

Post Thanks / Like

Talking The good the bad and the ugly. Lol!

I have caught 3 over 6lbs over the past 5 yrs. I had one close to 8 next to the boat and it got off. If I would have someone in the boat with me ... Well?? My best day my best 5 would go 20 lbs. I have had days where I have blanked. Not too many, but zeroed out.