Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts on Morgan striper guides

For Christmas I got a guided trip for stripers with Morgan guide service. Anybody used them. Have any tips or advice? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    They are quality folks and very good at catching fish. Nice boats too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Morgans are as good as it gets on Cumberland. Decide the time of year you want to go or talk to them about it. They can advise you on typical striper transitions and patterns for the season you are most interested in. Book well in advance and a weekday would be best if possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. What is a good time of year to go?

Post Thanks / Like

time of year

Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    Thanks. What is a good time of year to go?
    feb-mar best shot at a big fish but the bite can be hit or miss depending on the weather. april will be fairly predictable for numbers and some big fish thrown in.
    may can be very frustrating if the shad spawn is going full blast at night. june and july the fish will school up and when you find the school it might be all hands on deck with 12 rods down before you can grab the first one. august and september can be a bit of a challenge depending on water temps , but if you hit em right its a crazy downrod bite. as the water temps begin to cool its a reverse of the last few months patterns. i can assure you Jeremy Morgan , Gary Anger and Jerry Morgan are well versed in all the techniques needed to fish the various patterns, as well as being in tune with what where and when it all happens.
    the best advice i could offer though, it doesnt matter what guide service you go with, its still a fishing trip, not a magic show, enjoy, relax, learn what you can from some very knowledgeable guides.
    Likes peter, Duayne liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Stripernut nailed the standard\typical seasonal patterns in a nutshell. Late June through July can be very fast and furious. That may be a good thing and it may be a bad thing. I had a 15 minute four fish day. That's 15 minutes from the time I put the first bait in the water. Six and eight fish in less than an hour. While it's fast and furious, it also is over before you blink. Once the limit is caught, you are done. I love the spring, but rising water and debris can make it hit or miss. August and September are usually fantastic if you can get your fishing over before the pleasure boats wake up. Really, as Stripernut says, late winter\early spring can be an excellent time for trophy fish. And there will be a bunch of 40 inch plus fish taken this coming year. There will be less boat traffic and I would think you can get your pick of days if you schedule soon. I'd call and talk to them. They are probably itching to talk fishing right now!!