Search Fishin.com

Thread: sinus

Post Thanks / Like

sinus

just got over the flu but kept a sinus infection.
    how do you get rid of it?
    i can't take antibiotics by mouth. they kill my stomach.
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragmerc View Post
    thanks
    I've never tried this, I googled it for a natural treatment without antibiotics, may help/may not, but enough sinus pressure in the head, will make a man try most anything.

https://www.google.com/search?q=10+n...nt=firefox-b-1

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks
    Just got over one myself. Go get some Flonase. Took about a week and a half.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks

Go to the doctor and ask for a shot. Anytime I am at the doctor and they are going to prescribe me antibiotics I request a shot because it seems to work faster.
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Flonase Warning for those with High Blood Pressure

Quote Originally Posted by rustedhook View Post
    Just got over one myself. Go get some Flonase. Took about a week and a half.
    I tired Flonase one time and only used one application. My Blood Pressure is high and I take medicine to bring it down to normal again. But the Flonase in the nose make my BP jump sky high. I still have the bottle in the box and have not used it. I think it did stop my nasal problems and opened up my sinus so it works. So if you don't have High Blood Pressure then It will probably work.

What I did was take Coricidin HPB max strength and that helped me. I had a head ace for two weeks and stopped up sinus. I've had sinus problems for yeas and my right nostril is stopped up a lot of the time.

The Coricidin worked but it took a couple of days. I'm not sure what caused my sinus to swell up. Change in the weather, air pollution in my area from power plants smoke and fumes or dust in the house. But something caused it. Maybe it was a mild case of the flu. I had chest congestion and raspy breathing but no sore throat. I didn't have a fever either. I was drinking some cough syrup to suppress the cough and break up the congestion. Expectorant medicine in the cough Syrup. And then I sucked on a lot of mental cough drops to get the vapors up in my nose. My upper Nasal Phalangeal Air way is where it hurt.

I was texting my cousin in Nashville, TN whos a few years older them I am. He said he got the older people stronger flu shot but still got the flu. They say that the flu shot is not 100% effective. I get it every year until this year. I've not gotten the flu in a long time since 2009. That was when I had open heart surgery and didn't want to cough while I was healing so I got a flu shot that year and ever since until this year. I still make go get it. I had a severe reaction in my left arm and had pain in my upper arm were I got the shot for a year now. It's setting down but still hurt when I move my left arm a certain way.

The Saline solution will help kill bacteria IMHO and it's good to try. I use to make it too strong and gargled it. Then I used an eye dropper to squirt it up into my nose where the salt water could run down the back of my nasal passageway to the back of my throat. That's the area that hard to get to. These days I use a prepared sterile salt package and boiled and cooled distilled water with the salt packet to get the right concentration of saline solution and then use a product called : NeilMed Sinus Rinse. or the Ayr Saline Nasal Rinse Kit to flush out my sinuses. I think I got these at Walmart or at The Schnuck's pharmacy area of my local grocery store in Newburgh, IN

I also got the humidifier out and filled it with distilled water and added some vapor solutions to the water and the top tray of the humidifier. I sleep with a CPAP machine as I have sleep apnea. I have a water resevior attached to the CPAM machine to keep the air I breath humidified at night. But during the day I set up the humidifier next to my chair and breathed in the vapor rub vapors during the day. Lots of cough drops Vicks type with mental in them. I had this congestion for about a two weeks IIRC. I never had a fever though. I thought that maybe the water reservoir and the hose to my mask were contaminated and so I took them apart and cleaned them well with hot water with some baby shampoo added to the hot water. They make a machine that produced Ozone gas that can kill bacteria inside the air hose and the machine. But Ozone also attacks plastic and breaks it down. And the CPAP machine is made out of a lot of hard plastic that can be attacked by O3 unstable and highly reactive Ozone molecules and for that reason I don't want to use it. Think about it. The Ozone kills the bacteria cells by attacking them and Oxidizing their outer cell membranes. It will do the same to plastic or your lung tissue.

Like I said, your mileage may vary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Drink a ton of water. Sounds too easy buy it works.

That is what the ear nose & throat doctor told me a long time ago. Drinking water will keep you from getting sinus infections because the water enables all the gunk to run out of your sinuses.

Also if you have an infection flonaese as someone mentioned, if it is the same as floticasone, (over the counter) can help get rid of a sinus infection.

I used to get a sinus infection about once every month or two until I started drinking a ton of water. If your pee is yellow or not clear you are not drinking enough water. Most people are dehydrated.

If you have a bad infection you may have to spring and go to the doctor and get some antibiotics.
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post