The replica's I'm getting are way more expensive than doing a skin mount. I did a ton of research on taxidermists and Dave Campbell's (www.davecampbellfish.com) name repeatedly came up as being one of the best in the country. I have a small fortune tied up in my truck, boat and gear so what's another few grand on two mounts that I'll be able to enjoy the rest of my life. He's doing my PB smallie too (6lb 4oz) that I caught from Chick as well. Needless to say Chick is my favorite lake and I'll be spending a ton of time there the next 3-5 years...

And yes, I firmly believe in releasing trophies... I know it's the angler's right to keep them, but those are fantastic genes that are being pulled from their lakes. I watched all of my fish swim away after some pics, short videos and length and girth measurements and trust me it's an awesome feeling seeing them swim away healthy!

Quote Originally Posted by onthewater108 View Post
Number 2 will look great. Are replicas cheaper than mounting the actual fish? I have heard they last longer plus not killing such a great fish is always best in my opinion. Look forward to seeing the finished result.