Happy New Year

So what’s the Big Deal! Isn’t every New Year's Eve like any other night? There’s no pause in the universe, no moment of silence across the land, and the wind lies still upon the sand at first light. Yet, no man’s thoughts are alike in the darkness of the night.

It’s another year lived, another year fulfilled or wasted. Have courage to set goals you thought unattainable, and maybe you will accomplish things you thought unreachable. It’s only when we get our priorities rearranged that our lives begin to change and be hopeful.

If you feel something is not right for you, have the courage to speak the truth, to say “No”, “It’s not for me”, “I can’t do that”. Have the courage to say “Yes”, “I will try”, “I can do this”, if it is right for you. It never hurts to ask God what you should do.

When a New Year is born, it can be like a bright berry from a naked thorn. Time has no divisions to mark its passing, but in silence, ticks of an old clock can be harassing. The only way to spend New Year is either with scotch or lover. Either way or both, someone is going to fall asleep without cover.

New Year resolutions are like checks drawn on a bank with no account. It’s like trying to run from your wife with a low blood count. To lose weight, maybe we should be more concerned about what we eat between New Year and Christmas, not between Christmas and New Year.

Here's to an unknown New Year to come, and a puzzled farewell to the old; here's to things crazy to some and surprises yet to come, and to memories held only by the bold. Here’s to a New Year; one full of cheer. I just hope solutions for the troubles of this country become a little clearer.

I wish you and your family to be well, and your fields full at harvest. Don’t forget to take time to rest and realize how much you are blessed. Be at peace with things out of your control and at war with evil. May your thoughts and deeds to others be Christ like and civil. Have a Great New Year!

Bonefish