Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SOFISHTICATED View Post
    Sign this grasshopper up for the lesson. Breakfast is on me at the Russel Springs Cafe. Thats down town on main street; he..heee.....
    we will get together when the weather improves. and YES to bkfst at RSC lol, its good stuff
    Likes SOFISHTICATED liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Net lessons

Quote Originally Posted by stripernut1 View Post
    K, i can show you how to throw a net and get it to open every time...in 2 minutes. As a matter of fact, once you throw it and it opens, it will be difficult to throw it wrong ever again lol. Just send me a msg when it warms up and i will meet you at jtown ramp where we talked that day.
    Ill take you up on that. There are probably. Allot of people (I hope for prides sake) that have trouble with a cast net.
    Likes fishincreek liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kstonich View Post
    Ill take you up on that. There are probably. Allot of people (I hope for prides sake) that have trouble with a cast net.
    The idea is to convince yourself that opening the net all the way will catch way more bait than you could possibly use lol. Its all in how you look at it....net is half open or is that half all the way open 🤣

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Duayne View Post
    I'm not sure how Stripernut1 throws but I've adopted the method in this video and it is virtually full proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho7Q-eeckko

I just lay the net over my arm instead of over my shoulder.
    Key advantages:
    The net weight is distributed over both arms evenly. You won't tire one arm if you are making a ton of casts.
    You do not need to coil the line, which is huge if you are going really deep
    You can tie the pull line off to the boat or dock. This is a safety feature in waters where you could net large fish or get snagged in current where you could get pulled overboard.
    It's so easy to load very quickly.
    You can throw this waist high which means you can throw over the rail of a boat easily.
    thanks Duayne, I have a 10' net, I have never been able to get it to fully open, but it opens enough to catch bait, I'll give it a try the next time I'm on the water, but looks like I'll have to wear my rain coat, but not a problem if it will get my net to open fully, looks like an easy way to get it done, thanks again for sharing the info.
    Likes SOFISHTICATED liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    thanks Duayne, I have a 10' net, I have never been able to get it to fully open, but it opens enough to catch bait, I'll give it a try the next time I'm on the water, but looks like I'll have to wear my rain coat, but not a problem if it will get my net to open fully, looks like an easy way to get it done, thanks again for sharing the info.
    You are welcome. I usually only "throw" in the late summer so getting wet is actually more desirable then. I have to say, though, I really don't get as wet as I thought I would. The net lays over my forearm and I keep my hands down until I am ready to throw. Still, any wet is too much when the temp is close to or below freezing.. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright i finally got the dates and am going! Really excited. Got 2 going who have never caught a stripe and another who used to go with me a lot. Hoping to set everyone up with a little meat, photos and good memories.

So we will get there 3/10 and fish 3/11,3/12 and 3/13. Leaving 3/14. 3 solid days of fishing. As we get closer any helpful information would be appreciated. Will be pulling bait probably in the creeks. Thanks. BG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bsg2121 View Post
    Alright i finally got the dates and am going! Really excited. Got 2 going who have never caught a stripe and another who used to go with me a lot. Hoping to set everyone up with a little meat, photos and good memories.

So we will get there 3/10 and fish 3/11,3/12 and 3/13. Leaving 3/14. 3 solid days of fishing. As we get closer any helpful information would be appreciated. Will be pulling bait probably in the creeks. Thanks. BG
    Geeeez now i am starting to wonder how all this rain and flooding is going to affect the fishing. I still have 2 weeks and i am pumped!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bsg2121 View Post
    Geeeez now i am starting to wonder how all this rain and flooding is going to affect the fishing. I still have 2 weeks and i am pumped!!!
    Which part are you fishing? Debris will be the biggest issue if the lake holds and drops slowly. Lots of wind and some dryer weather will be your friend. Having said that, fishing around debris fields can be frustrating but highly rewarding. Look for fish to move closer to the banks real soon. They were staging closer last weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Duayne View Post
    Which part are you fishing? Debris will be the biggest issue if the lake holds and drops slowly. Lots of wind and some dryer weather will be your friend. Having said that, fishing around debris fields can be frustrating but highly rewarding. Look for fish to move closer to the banks real soon. They were staging closer last weekend.
    Coming out of jamestown. I will definitely be trying greasy and wolfe. Might check out lily, beaver and otter. Will head towards back of creek and hug that shoreline pulling planners and balloons. My spread will give me nice coverage off the bank to deep.

Post Thanks / Like
    The countdown is on. 5 days and im out of here. I hoping i can count on a few of you on some striper input and lake conditions. I want to look like a striper genius to my friends im taking who have never been. Ha! Dad rode down to jamestown to get a few things ready for us on the houseboat yesterday. He said the water was muddy and high. Guessing lots of debris too. Hopefully that improves but some of this might be a little tricky. I know we will have fun either way! Im sure i will find those fish eventually too if not maybe some crappie off the dock. I will report back to thread daily on the trip with good or bad news. Thx!

Post Thanks / Like
    Seen some good shad and was reading good fish on the graph up in fishing creek Sunday while I was looking for crappie. Made me regret leaving my striper stuff at home. May give them a shot this weekend myself. That is if the forecast rain isn't crazy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvtohunt View Post
    Seen some good shad and was reading good fish on the graph up in fishing creek Sunday while I was looking for crappie. Made me regret leaving my striper stuff at home. May give them a shot this weekend myself. That is if the forecast rain isn't crazy.
    Spoting fish thats good. Fishing creek is a haul from where i will be but will be focusing on creeks in my area. Im in no matter how bad it gets. Ha. Weather channel says 1-3 inches of snow sun night. Mon. Tues. look good. Cold but dry. I got the gear to be warm so as long as it is daylight i will be out.