Search Fishin.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bsg2121 View Post
    Alright i finally got the dates and am going! Really excited. Got 2 going who have never caught a stripe and another who used to go with me a lot. Hoping to set everyone up with a little meat, photos and good memories.

So we will get there 3/10 and fish 3/11,3/12 and 3/13. Leaving 3/14. 3 solid days of fishing. As we get closer any helpful information would be appreciated. Will be pulling bait probably in the creeks. Thanks. BG
    Been following this thread for a bit. just got back from 1st striper trip with a buddy that has fished Cumberland for years. I'm hooked for life. Always large mouth bass fished and had no idea what I was missing. the set up was awesome. Be sure to go with someone that knows the lake and has some experience. you won't regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kingstriper View Post
    Been following this thread for a bit. just got back from 1st striper trip with a buddy that has fished Cumberland for years. I'm hooked for life. Always large mouth bass fished and had no idea what I was missing. the set up was awesome. Be sure to go with someone that knows the lake and has some experience. you won't regret it.
    So i take it you did well? Hope you got some good pics! Hoping to hook my buddies up with some wow pics as well.

My family and i have been fishing stripes at LC for about 25 yrs so we got the stuff. We just dont live down there and since kids my trips are limited. This site and guys like stripernut and duayne are really a big help in coming up with an effective game plan without wasting to much fishing time. Thx

Post Thanks / Like
    So i take it you did well? Hope you got some good pics! Hoping to hook my buddies up with some wow pics as well.

My family and i have been fishing stripes at LC for about 25 yrs so we got the stuff. We just dont live down there and since kids my trips are limited. This site and guys like stripernut and duayne are really a big help in coming up with an effective game plan without wasting to much fishing time. Thx
    Yes. We did very well. We tried both shiners and bait from the lake. Could not get anything on shiners but bait from lake worked. We covered a lot of area and once we found the fish, it was non stop acton. Hopefuly the lake conditions will be better for u but we manged considering the circumstances. Cover as much water as u can and u will do just fine. Get your camera ready and try to video some catches. I have watched my videos over and over. Can't remember having this much fun. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. We did very well. We tried both shiners and bait from the lake. Could not get anything on shiners but bait from lake worked. We covered a lot of area and once we found the fish, it was non stop acton. Hopefuly the lake conditions will be better for u but we manged considering the circumstances. Cover as much water as u can and u will do just fine. Get your camera ready and try to video some catches. I have watched my videos over and over. Can't remember having this much fun. Good luck!
    Haha thats great!!! Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha thats great!!! Thanks for the info.
    Thinking about heading down tomorrow with a buddy. You are free to join and I can show the hot spots. PM me if interested and we can set a time and meet up. Might help you this weekend with your buds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking about heading down tomorrow with a buddy. You are free to join and I can show the hot spots. PM me if interested and we can set a time and meet up. Might help you this weekend with your buds.
    That would be great but we are coming in with the rain on sat afternoon to evening. Prolly wont even be able to fish sat. Is pm a feature on the site? I will look through the profile part and see if i can figure out. Thx bg

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it was a good trip. With the snow, rain and all the other little issues we ran into we did manage to do some fishing. We caught 1 stripe sun in otter back by the island, 1 stripe mon in beaver a couple bends past beaver dock and 2 tues in wolfe out in front of alligator 2. We also got a nice smalley and a nice kentucky. Beaver and otter had the clearest water. We trolled shiners and a couple buck tails. We did get one on a buck tail. 2 of the stripes were in the 13 lb range. I wanted to post sooner but internet was iffy. It was a lot of fun and I appreciate everyones help and input. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it was a good trip. With the snow, rain and all the other little issues we ran into we did manage to do some fishing. We caught 1 stripe sun in otter back by the island, 1 stripe mon in beaver a couple bends past beaver dock and 2 tues in wolfe out in front of alligator 2. We also got a nice smalley and a nice kentucky. Beaver and otter had the clearest water. We trolled shiners and a couple buck tails. We did get one on a buck tail. 2 of the stripes were in the 13 lb range. I wanted to post sooner but internet was iffy. It was a lot of fun and I appreciate everyones help and input. Thank you.
    glad all went well, the weather and wind couldve been better , but hey it beats a sharp stick in the eye

Post Thanks / Like
    Msorry it did not work out on meeting up. Sounds like you guys had a good time even with all the problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kingstriper how tough is it to get bait in the lake?